Fighters That Look Big For The Weight Class But Do Not Cut Much Weight

Mike Armyquitte

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Since weight cutting has become a popular topic, I was thinking of fighters that look huge for their weight class but do not actually cut many pounds. The immediate guy that comes to mind is Luke Rockhold. He dwarfs some legitimately big MWs, but says that he does not cut much weight. Also, Jon Jones said he could make MW because his LHW cut isn't many pounds.

Who else comes to mind?

See *any tall/lean guy

Jones, Rockhold yep.

I'm gonna guess that Magny doesn't cut too much either.

i'm not sure that i believe either rockhold or jones on this subject. jones walks around at about 220--i don't see how he cuts to 185.

Jones would be the hungry skeleton at 185. Those chicken legs would be infinitely small in mass.

Weidman apparently. Said he cut from just over 200lbs for his last few

I remember Jones mentioned he walk around 230+ and for rockhold he's around 215+

Paddy Holohan. I see people bring up how he cuts too much weight for 125 but heading into tuf he was walking around at about 135lbs.

i'm not sure that i believe either rockhold or jones on this subject. jones walks around at about 220--i don't see how he cuts to 185.

Well considering Rumble walks around at 220 and used to cut to 170.....

I remember Jones mentioned he walk around 230+ and for rockhold he's around 215+

Jones at 230 had a gut (even if he was pushing it out for a pic). In shape and hydrated weight matters more.

Well considering Rumble walks around at 220 and used to cut to 170.....

good point. on the other hand, he used to fail at cutting to 170 and didn't do so well--losing to guys like rich clementi and josh koscheck.

Faber always looked pretty stout to me at 145, even tho he can make 135 with no problem. I wonder if he's cutting height and is not really 5'6''??

Since weight cutting has become a popular topic, I was thinking of fighters that look huge for their weight class but do not actually cut many pounds. The immediate guy that comes to mind is Luke Rockhold. He dwarfs some legitimately big MWs, but says that he does not cut much weight. Also, Jon Jones said he could make MW because his LHW cut isn't many pounds.

Who else comes to mind?

Jones lies hes bigger than even Fedor and Aleks look up the pics. Its pathetic how much these fighters cut they should fight at their regular weight like Fedor did. Weight cutting so you can beat on people smaller than you is cheating to me.

Weight cutting so you can beat on people smaller than you is cheating to me.

Glover and Cormier and Bader are all just as big as jones tho, Bader might be bigger. It's not like he's the only one doing it.

Back