Fighters that have won you over?

essie

sue me
@Silver
Reaction score
I never disliked Condit all that much but after he got the decision over Nick I really soured on him. Of course it's not his fault the decision went his way and I do think the fight was very close. All of that is beside the point. Hearing Condit's interviews recently and seeing how he reacted to what I thought was a terrible decision loss to Robbie has turned me into a fan. I am curious which fighters you used to dislike that you now call yourself a fan of?

Mcgregor... I hated him but it only took him 13 seconds to make me a fan

I used to hate Chael because of all the shit he was talking. I just thought the wwe heel act belonged in the wwe.

However, the whole act kind of grew on me a bit. I don't know if I'd say I'm a fan now, but I do kind of enjoy listening to his shit now.

I'd also say Brock. I couldn't stand him when he first came in. He just seemed too damn cocky for a guy that had one pro fight. However, I kind of grew to appreciate the fact that a guy with limited skills and very little experience was able to win just based on his one skill set. It kind of brought me back to the old days.

I was still rooting for Hunt against him, but I wasn't bothered by Brock winning either. The failed test doesn't bother me at all because I know that the majority of these guys are all on something.

Last would be Dana. Not a fighter but I couldn't stand him before. Now I kind of appreciate everything he has done. Especially as I have gotten older.

It's better to find a new fighter to hate.

Bisping for sure. He used to grind my gears but ever since the eye injury he's grown on me. It's a constant reminder what these guys go through. My fat ass is watching on TV as he gets a detached retina and multiple surgeries to fix it / eye is permanently fucked up. He could have walked away then and been a star in England for life and you know he's just fine financially but he came back because he loves to fight and shit look at him now.

What a soldier.

I used to hate Chael because of all the shit he was talking. I just thought the wwe heel act belonged in the wwe.

However, the whole act kind of grew on me a bit. I don't know if I'd say I'm a fan now, but I do kind of enjoy listening to his shit now.

I'd also say Brock. I couldn't stand him when he first came in. He just seemed too damn cocky for a guy that had one pro fight. However, I kind of grew to appreciate the fact that a guy with limited skills and very little experience was able to win just based on his one skill set. It kind of brought me back to the old days.

I was still rooting for Hunt against him, but I wasn't bothered by Brock winning either. The failed test doesn't bother me at all because I know that the majority of these guys are all on something.

Last would be Dana. Not a fighter but I couldn't stand him before. Now I kind of appreciate everything he has done. Especially as I have gotten older.

Brock was definitely growing on me but with the steroids come fuck him

Bisping.

Used to hate him like the rest of the world.

After the Belfotrt fight, I felt pity for him after the retina thing and did some research. I saw the light.

It happened in the past with Anderson Silva (he lost me again after the roiding issue).

Last edited:
Hendricks.

I didn't care about him and it was fun watching Thompson beat him, but I had to re watch this dude fights to remember how good he was, and his fights with Condit, GSP and Lawler was crazy good. I actually used to like him, then I started to not care, and now I like him again. Too bad he doesn't take fighting like he used to these days.

Hated Bisping after the Matt Hammill fight, he came off as such a douche.

Then i remebered that i can be a douche sometimes too..............so now i like him

Bisping. Those post Hammil fight comments pissed me off. But after he KO'd Rockhold I've enjoyed him being champ other than he should be fighting Jacare.

Hendricks.

I didn't care about him and it was fun watching Thompson beat him, but I had to re watch this dude fights to remember how good he was, and his fights with Condit, GSP and Lawler was crazy good. I actually used to like him, then I started to not care, and now I like him again. Too bad he doesn't take fighting like he used to these days.

If my care for Hendricks were charted it would look like someone throwing a heavy rock from the side of a cliff. Started high, got higher and then plummeted. The Woodley fight or lack thereof ruined him for me.

from the old days to early 2000s:
couture

mid-2000s:
lytle and edgar

2010 to present:
gus gus and bendo

Im not a fan of tito,i dont find his fights all that interesting,but he has a serious pair of brass balls on him that won my respect when he went 3 hard rounds with chuck in the 2nd fight and wouldnt quit trying to win after getting blasted all around the octagon,hell he even took chuck down.

I didnt think much of kenny florian and he turned my opinion around of him.

Used to really dislike el cucuy but his fight style is too fan friendly.

Bisping.

CloseComplicatedGordonsetter.gif

If my care for Hendricks were charted it would look like someone throwing a heavy rock from the side of a cliff. Started high, got higher and then plummeted. The Woodley fight or lack thereof ruined him for me.

I get it, when I first did like him was in his KO run, then the GSP fight happened and as a GSP fan I got a little mad at Hendricks, and started to not care. But re watching all those fights like I did made me feel bad for him, dude decline has been terrible, I just want him to get a win now.

Back