• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fighters that are stronger then they look.

you take a look at matt hughes and tell me he wont get ragdolled by tito ortiz, let alone handle himself???

Hughes looks really strong, get out of here lol.

I got to roll with Franklin back when he had the belt. I outweighed him by 25 lbs but was surprised by how strong he was.

you take a look at matt hughes and tell me he wont get ragdolled by tito ortiz, let alone handle himself???

To be fair, both Hughes bros necks looked like fucking fire hydrants since forever....

Hughes looks strong as hell. Jon Jones doesn't look like he would be nearly as strong as he is. Frankie Edgar, as well.

yep, monsterous. i posted three pictures from his championship run.

looks like a pretty average dude.

Here are three more pictures for you. If you think he looks like a "pretty average dude" you're living in fantasy world should spend a little time in the gym or on the mat and less time watching Schwarzenneger movies. The guy is a tank. He's the epitome of what strong people look like.

f96536e9b50aeca5596cd7f662d726c0.jpg

matt-hughes.jpg

Matt_Hughes.jpg

lol @ everyone who fell for the troll who mentioned Hughes

Also, how does Fedor not get more mention in this thread?

Matt Hughes looks exactly like the kind of guy who could at least handle himself against a larger opponent like Tito in a grappling match. Especially when considering he's a far more skilled wrestler and submission grappler.

what functional strength looks like.

tell me, whats the difference between gym strength and functional strength exactly?

I think that when people talk about functional strength they mean, strength + endurance and strong stabilizer muscles. A guy can be gym strong, as in he is strong at doing the lifts he does in a gym but when playing a sport or fighting they just aren't as strong due to too much isolation exercises where their stabilizer muscles aren't strong enough, and they don't have the endurance to keep the strength, technique is also a part of what they are talking about but I think the main difference is the endurance and strength of stabilizer muscles.

Fedor and Cormier are both a lot stronger than they look, same goes for Big Nog.

Hughes always looked strong, but was arguably slightly stronger than he looked. In no universe did he ever look "average"; he looked like a moderately strong dude who was in fact very strong. Also, as far was the "shit hes done in the cage", looking at him its pretty obvious(to me anyway) that he could pick up another human being of equal size and throw them around like a rag doll.

edit: for those of you saying Fedor/Cormier, so you guys equate muscular definition with strength? If anything, leanness would be more indicative of not being strong. Fedor/Cormier have those short-for-their-weight, thick, stalky, builds. Pretty analogous to many powerlifters. If I had never heard of Fedor or Cormier and saw them in person, I would probably just assume they were strong.

Anthony Pettis.

Held his own in the wrestling/grappling department against Bendo, who's probably at the opposite end of the spectrum in terms of strength/appearance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Rat
Back