Fighters saying they should've done more

hitman911

MindJaxd
@Brown
Reaction score
This confuses me. After training and dieting hard for 12 weeks, why would you not leave it in the cage? Also, if you pretty much know you're down on the scorecards, why not go out in the 3rd and take risks? Getting finished is losing just as much as losing a decision

Hendricks said that he was pathetitic in the Gastelum fight.

You touched on it - A lot of times it boils down to a fighter being more concerned with self-preservation than taking risks. Fear keeps them in a box.

That is a pretty obvious and oft-used excuse. I f you lose-you probably should have done more in order to win. It's just a cop out.

Not everyone could be these guys

12.jpg

Easier said than done. When you are in the thick of it, and no matter what you do the person standing in front of you just keeps kicking your ass, most people go into survival mode.

When you are in a fight and you do your best and the other person just keeps coming on, you begin to doubt yourself and you begin to give up the fight. A real fight is different then a computer game, ir is different when you get hit and it hurts.

I think she just got caught coming in everytime she tried to be more aggresive and got a little hesitant to try some of the things she wishes she would have tried. Looking back she probably thinks she should have took a few more risks to sway the fight a little more to her favor. I think that is what she means when she says she wishes she would have done more.

This confuses me. After training and dieting hard for 12 weeks, why would you not leave it in the cage? Also, if you pretty much know you're down on the scorecards, why not go out in the 3rd and take risks? Getting finished is losing just as much as losing a decision
When in the middle of a fight I would assume that it has as much to do with your opponent shutting you down as you not doing enough. Look at how dominant GSP was in shutting down his opponents. GSP vs Koscheck II was a perfect example. Georges shut him down to the point where he couldn't even try something crazy. Also its pretty easy for you to say why not just go get knocked senseless, a loss is a loss. These fighters do have many years to live after their athletic careers are over. Most of them will have many years left to earn a living as they cant just retire on their Reebok money.

If you never had a fight, you can't understand what they mean and many times it isn't just an excuse.

If you never had a fight, you can't understand what they mean and many times it isn't just an excuse.

Yeah i agree. Sometimes things just dont flow like planed. Ive even had sparring session where i did not do as much as planed.

Because they're point fighters trying to sway a judge and don't have the desire to use what they know and train. Or they're just WMMA and have the power of 15 yr old males.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back