Fighters Call for Banning the Oblique Kick

Should they ban it?

• Total voters

wwkirk

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Last edited:
I'm on the fence with this one. In that, I like the idea of MMA being as close to real 1v1 hand to hand combat as possible. But I can see if this becomes common place, something may need to change. It's not worth destroying lives and careers over.

Any updates on the guys injury?

Fighters call for oblique kick to be banned after Khalil Rountree destroys Modestas Bukauskas’ knee at UFC Vegas 36

Well, should it be banned or not?

[Come on Mods, do me a solid and add on a poll.]

My answer is that they should consider banning it only if serious injuries from it start becoming commonplace. But I also acknowledge the evolving sensitivity of the fans.

What do you think, Sherbros?

I could make a poll for you if you like although it would be in another thread. Hopefully the mods will merge it.

Last edited:
nah we need to unban soccer kick + knees on a downed opponent dude had almost a boxing stance and doesnt expect oblique kicks night night to your knees baby, the fuck is this shit MMA gotta stay mma.

You can blind someone with 12-6 elbow if the elbow goes deep enough in the eye socket.

Dragon kicks and Dragon uppercuts are really what needs to be banned. It's only a matter of time before someone perfects those techniques and explodes their opponent's head in a fight.

Back