Fighters bitching about punk's salary made the sport look so amateurish

CM Punk whined when Rock brought in more PPV buys and made more money, freaking hypocrite.

If those fighters dont like it they should go on strike or in front of the MGM with white picket signs demanding moar money.

Or just join Bellator.

That was a L in my book i dnt see the humiliation in his post guys

I think sherdog is in a better place since i came, my ratio tells the truth

I speak no BS, im a european maybe its a culture shock i guess

I care not for you, only for the predator.

photo___ID_180.jpg

Awww someone just learned what Q.E.D. stands for in freshman english today, how quaint. Now go through the first paragraph and fix the awful syntax.

Yeah, cause grown men getting hammered and playing pranks on each other on TUF makes the sport look real professional.

Yeah Rory, let's see how many PPVs you sell if they matched you up against a 2-0 nobody, buddeh.

XzWxhNr.png

Wait, letting an actor fight on the main card of a PPV sheds a good light on this "sport"?

OK then

Lol he wasn't paid 20 million for Wrestlemania. That was a work. A gimmick. This is on "Its still real to me damn it" levels. He was paid a few million sure. Not 20 million. That was a gimmick.

I read more into it and you're right, but he still got a flat fee of $2 million and with other bonuses thrown in he earned between 3 and 4 million dollars, that is still more than what 95% of the roster makes in a year wrestling 4 times a week.

"He makes more than me its unfair uncle dana, im working at macdonald because that 10+10k$ isnt enough i need to pay the bills brah... "

<2><{Ray1}><{Messi1}><{Messi3}><{1-7}>

Get the fuck out of here who gives a fuck !!! <{JustBleed}>
All u had to do was to become a WWE star for ten years

quod erat demonstrandum
Maybe because its true?

It isn't anywhere near enough and they do have bills to pay lol

You make it sound as if they're wrong

You go do that shit to your body that you only get one of for 20k and see how you feel about it

Its called PRIZE FIGHTING for a reason, these guys shouldn't barely be able to pay their bills or for flights etc

You'd hope to live comfortably @ least doing all that to your body ..

If anything- it makes the UFC appear amateurish

No, paying an 0-0 fighter about 100x more than your established talent to flop around on the ground and get choked out in 2 minutes makes the sport look amateurish.

Dana used to try and promote the UFC as the "Superbowl" of MMA. Well this is like if the NFL replaced Peyton Manning for Taylor Swift at QB last Superbowl because it would get better ratings.

A cheap spectacle for a quick buck while undermining the legitimacy of the promotion.

Maybe these fighters should go to WWE and make a name for themselves if Mr. Punk had such an easy path. I dont understand how he became such a huge star but he did and still is and thats why he got the big pay day. These fighters that want more money are going to have to make a name for themselves. Look at Conor the guy is an endless self promoter. Uses youtube and social media and gives great interviews. Life isnt fair and sometimes charisma and self promotion get you farther than actual accomplishments. This is the same for every walk of life every trade, profession, or business have the same path to the top.

Lol he wasn't paid 20 million for Wrestlemania. That was a work. A gimmick. This is on "Its still real to me damn it" levels. He was paid a few million sure. Not 20 million. That was a gimmick.

He still made more off one appearance than the entire roster made in a year. Don't even get me started on Trump.

They should have gone into hedge fund management.

He still made more off one appearance than the entire roster made in a year. Don't even get me started on Trump.
Trump was pretty cool though. Haha. Took a stunner. I've always thought Trump was a good guy. Crazy he may just be the president. I am supporting him over Hillary though. Hillary is legit sick. It's not a conspiracy theory anymore. I like Trump on the issues. I admire his strength.

I love how everyone was bitching about fighters not getting paid and now that some fighters are making decent money people are COMPLAINING that fighters are getting paid.

Sell tickets = get paid. It ain't rocket surgery...

Imagine that in other sports... Wtf is that behaviour from our roster?

Dana need to make some phone call, dude became too nice
Imagine another professional sport letting someone who's never played the sport come in and make more than most a lot of the guys that's been solid and helped create that sport. This happens on regular jobs when people find out about a newcomers pay being higher. It's unprofessional for the BUSINESS to give a novice with no experience more money than it's established employees for the same work. You're living in a fantasy world if you believe these fighters should just be quiet about it. You're being completely ignorant.

Imagine another professional sport letting someone who's never played the sport come in and make more than most a lot of the guys that's been solid and helped create that sport. This happens on regular jobs when people find out about a newcomers pay being higher. It's unprofessional for the BUSINESS to give a novice with no experience more money than it's established employees for the same work. You're living in a fantasy world if you believe these fighters should just be quiet about it. You're being completely ignorant.

Everybody can fight, its not the same case for other sports.
Plus there is no point for a famous guy to play a professional football match (for example) for the first time, not the same with mma and combat sport in general.

There is a challenge when you fight someone, cm punk was challenging himself in that journey

You didn't here any of the WWE guys bitch when Floyd Mayweather got paid $20 million dollars to appear in Wrestlemania.

edit: The $20 million he claimed he was getting was a work, but he still got a flat fee of $2 million and with other bonuses thrown in he ended up earning between $3-4million, that is still more than what 95% of the roster makes in a year wrestling 4 times a week.

Big difference is WWE isnt supposed to be a real sport. They haven't claimed that in a few decades. They're entertainment. Is that really what mma fans want the UFC to be?

Hey, let's bring in Beiber to fight . Fuck. He'd break all kinds of PPV records and he supposedly trains. Put him on as the main event and bring in some no name who's never fought a day in his life to challenge him. $$$$$$ Fans like you and those who like this stuff should eat that up with a spoon.

Back