Fighter who has taken the most total damage

Arlovski:

KO loss in his very first fight...

KO losses to Pedro Rizzo and Tim Sylvia

3 KO losses in a 4 fights to Fedor, Brett Rogers, and Kharitonov

then within one year, Jan 2016 to Jan 2017, TKO losses to Stipe, Reem, and Ngannou

lately his losses have been decisions except for yet another KO loss to Rozenstruik

That Igor fight had lasting affects. I see him and Egan almost every week. Neither one of them had an easy fight in their careers.
Thats great insight especially from a fighther like yourself. How has it been for you? Any career long effects from so many fights? I remember watching you back in superbrawl days on vhs.

Arlovski:

KO loss in his very first fight...

KO losses to Pedro Rizzo and Tim Sylvia

3 KO losses in a 4 fights to Fedor, Brett Rogers, and Kharitonov

then within one year, Jan 2016 to Jan 2017, TKO losses to Stipe, Reem, and Ngannou

lately his losses have been decisions except for yet another KO loss to Rozenstruik
Dont forget when Ruble broke his jaw in the first round with illegal blows and he still fought on. Arlovski is the real life gladiator

Thats great insight especially from a fighther like yourself. How has it been for you? Any career long effects from so many fights? I remember watching you back in superbrawl days on vhs.
Hows it braddah. Yea you know im ok been pretty lucky but def have some issues. Fighting is not good for ones health. Still enjoy training and coaching. I can enjoy my kids and grandkids. I got to a point where i knew if i kept on I wouldnt be in a position to have those things. Just happy for the blessings in my life everyday. Happy to have had the experiences i have had as well. Made me who I am. Really saved my life when I was younger too cuz I was one Pilau bugga

So many named already -
Kem Shamrock
Sakuraba

Hows it braddah. Yea you know im ok been pretty lucky but def have some issues. Fighting is not good for ones health. Still enjoy training and coaching. I can enjoy my kids and grandkids. I got to a point where i knew if i kept on I wouldnt be in a position to have those things. Just happy for the blessings in my life everyday. Happy to have had the experiences i have had as well. Made me who I am. Really saved my life when I was younger too cuz I was one Pilau bugga
Thats great that you still can enjoy it now with the fam. I hope enson is ok too. When did you realize u should retire? Was it headaches or waking up aching? Or did someone tell u to stop?

Thats great that you still can enjoy it now with the fam. I hope enson is ok too. When did you realize u should retire? Was it headaches or waking up aching? Or did someone tell u to stop?
It was that I was getting older the competition was getting younger faster stronger. I had also been around fighting for years. It was time to start focusing more on coaching and sharing the knowledge with those younger guys. Like i said been lucky in most regards with injuries. Though getting slammed on your head or punched in the head takes it toll after a while

Big daddy goodrigde
Overeem
Big Nog

btw how can you mention damage Don Frye has taken and not mention the man handling he got from Jerome Lebanner. Same for mark hunt every time you mention the damages he’s taken one has to mention his wars with JLB

It was that I was getting older the competition was getting younger faster stronger. I had also been around fighting for years. It was time to start focusing more on coaching and sharing the knowledge with those younger guys. Like i said been lucky in most regards with injuries. Though getting slammed on your head or punched in the head takes it toll after a while
What’s your opinion on the non mma damage example the K1 damage?

like I mentioned in the above post guy who fought in K1 like goodridge, mark hunt or even don Frye in the cross over specials were absolutely beaten up heavy heavy hitters like Jerome Lebanner. I don’t think a lot of mma viewers appreciate the damage these guys took in kickboxing or boxing

That Igor fight had lasting affects. I see him and Egan almost every week. Neither one of them had an easy fight in their careers.

had the pleasure of meeting Egan when I went to Hawaii last year, stopped by his gym for a roll. That dude is crazy technical with his BJJ and one of the nicest guys around

Ron do you still roll at all?

Yeah ur a definitely an OG in the game. Anyone over 20 fights is a vet imo. Another question, what would you have done differently if u could go back? What are some things u regret in your career if anything?

had the pleasure of meeting Egan when I went to Hawaii last year, stopped by his gym for a roll. That dude is crazy technical with his BJJ and one of the nicest guys around

Ron do you still roll at all?
Yea Egans a master. Yes I still roll will do an occasionaly grappling tourney everynow and then. Still have the gym. Still coaching and training alot of top bradahs.

What’s your opinion on the non mma damage example the K1 damage?

like I mentioned in the above post guy who fought in K1 like goodridge, mark hunt or even don Frye in the cross over specials were absolutely beaten up heavy heavy hitters like Jerome Lebanner. I don’t think a lot of mma viewers appreciate the damage these guys took in kickboxing or boxing
Yea kickboxing is so different as far as the shots you take, There is no defending take downs or wrestling or BJJ. The only goal is to punch and kick the braddah across from you harder and more than he kicks you. Also i see alot of those MMA guys that do kickboxing dont defend well. They take alot of punishment they shouldnt.

Frankie is getting up there.

Aldo x 2, Maynard x 3, Ortega, Sandhagen, KZ, Stephens, Benson x 2, all likely gave him atleast 1 concussion in each of those some more.

I think it was after BJ Penns second last fight I saw a statistic that he has absorbed the most head strikes in the UFC and it was around 1,100+...
A friend of mine that was sitting next to me said "Wow, that's like getting punched in the head once a day for a few years!"
Brutal!

Actually thinking about it it's probably Sakuraba, he did go through that period where the spirit of Mario Yamasaki was reffing all his fights.
You mean Yuji Shimada. Goat ref and Yamasaki's dad.

Gary Goodridge. 84 total fights.

10 losses by TKO/KO in mma
14 losss by TKO/KO in kickboxing

Back