Fight shorts for women

jiugirl78

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm looking for a pair of good women fight shorts for grapping and mma training. I have the naja 'girls only' shorts (very good quality, if you like i can write a review about them) but they are a bit too tight and worn out yet so i need another pair.
I would like to have nearly plain long board shorts, no lycra panties and not too much pink or camo and no big logos or other bling. But with true womens cut,
i.e. not so much room in the croach area (hate it when shorts ride up when i grapple) and cut for female hips, not only small mens shorts.
At the internet and at this forum i found alphafemale, kimurawear, revgear and caged steel. I think he alpha are cut very tight but i need roomier shorts (i wear size 30 or 32 in jeans).
Question at the women on board: which shorts do you wear? Do you like/dislike them? Would you recommend them?

I have the kimurawear shorts and they were great for a while (I wear tights or cycling shorts under them because they're pretty short).
Now they've started coming apart at the seams on the side, just on the bottom hem. It's pretty annoying though, there's a big hole on either side that catches on everything.
Other than that I was happy with them... I want to try some longer alphafemale shorts soon.
womens gear is always expensive and limited =l

I'm sure a review of any shorts would be appreciated, I don't think I've even come across the ones you have.

Coracao Forte Products - Fighter Girls Store

I have a pair of their board shorts. I have red and black ones (not pictured currently, like the blue but black, with red trim and no fur). I'm absolutely in love with them. I've had them for a couple weeks, use em about 2 times a week. super comfy and great for rolling in. Can't really say anything on the side of stand up. I'm a jiu jitsu girl...

Last edited:
LowCofG posts here and she loves the American Nogi stuff.

i have supplied a bunch of women the Kimura's. for the girl that has them coming apart, how long have you had them? have you contacted Kimura about it? they are pretty good about taking care of that stuff.
i know the quality on them is very high but they do have a new style coming to market in about a month, give or take. i still have some of the old style left in pink/white and purple/black. but not much.
depends how soon you need them.

Thanks very much for the replies, i've checked out all the links. Still not sure so please, ladies, go on posting and suggesting.
The black alphafemale look very sweet but as far as i know they are cut very tight. And i have perhaps 1 or 2 kilos too much in the bum/thigh-area so i dont think they are cut for me.:redface:
The Inspirit Girls Spec shorts long look also very nice. But i think they are a little thight too and i dont know where i can get them without spending a small fortune.

Last edited:
I personally just go with a pair of dude's Vale Tudo shorts, I too have problems finding proper grappling shorts so this thread has been an awesome find for me for info so thanks girls :D xxx

Thanks very much for the replies, i've checked out all the links. Still not sure so please, ladies, go on posting and suggesting.
The black alphafemale look very sweet but as far as i know they are cut very tight. And i have perhaps 1 or 2 kilos too much in the bum/thigh-area so i dont think they are cut for me.:redface:
The Inspirit Girls Spec shorts long look also very nice. But i think they are a little thight too and i dont know where i can get them without spending a small fortune.

Embrace it babe :D lol, I put on some pounds when I became pregnant, I lost the baby and now I can''t seem to shift my curves

Last edited:
I was stoked for this thread, but then I saw that none of the sites posted had pictures of the girls modeling the shorts, what a bummer.

I was stoked for this thread, but then I saw that none of the sites posted had pictures of the girls modeling the shorts, what a bummer.

That's because in real life there are no women actually training or posting on Sherdog.Its a bunch of dudes here dude.

And Liza,sorry for your loss,had the same happen too many times.

Well, I have no idea if this is applicable to you, but there is always the option of wearing swim trunks instead. Some of the women who trained MMA at the old gym I frequented busted them out a few times.

Last edited:
That's because in real life there are no women actually training or posting on Sherdog.Its a bunch of dudes here dude.

And Liza,sorry for your loss,had the same happen too many times.

Thanks for the love babe, and I'm sorry for yours too, really am.

Before all that I was actually in the middle of a training camp for my first amateur fight when it all went downhill for me now I'm just going to get my head down and go for it :D

On the subject of shorts....I use swimming trunks also as I also use dude's MMA shorts (ever seen the Tapout Samurai shorts?......yikes!), works like a charm :D but I love my Vale Tudo trunks far too much :D

Last edited:
Tits-up is a british term? Odd I use it pretty regularly.

Also, turns out being nocturnal, I'm on the same schedule as you UK folk! Random observation, haha.

I don't really have any gear input, the few girls we get at my gym usually just wear something along the lines of cheer shorts.

Tits-up is a british term? Odd I use it pretty regularly.

Also, turns out being nocturnal, I'm on the same schedule as you UK folk! Random observation, haha.

I don't really have any gear input, the few girls we get at my gym usually just wear something along the lines of cheer shorts.

Edited so there's no more off-topic mockery of my choice of slang.

@ Liza: thanks for your encouraging reply. Very sorry for your loss, too.
@ all: thanks for the serious suggestions. can we go back to topic please instead of discussing linguistic details (that i cant follow anyway ;-)

Back