Fight Question

forestfan4life

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I have watched the sport off and on over the years mainly just marquee fights that were drawing a lot of interest nothing really more than that though

So after reading in here for a little bit now as well as a couple other places I have some gained a good amount of interest in the sport

My question is I have recently watched Vinny Pazienza and Greg Haugen there second and third fights I found the fights to be highly entertaining. How does this fight compare to a majority of other easily accessible fights to watch? And since I enjoy that fight as much as I did any other recommendations that can be made that compare to this fight?

Did you see them on ESPN2 the other night? I saw them recently as well.....

ESPN classic is going to start showing Showtme championship classics on thursdays.

I was working when they were on, but what I saw of them was pretty good.

I have watched the sport off and on over the years mainly just marquee fights that were drawing a lot of interest nothing really more than that though

So after reading in here for a little bit now as well as a couple other places I have some gained a good amount of interest in the sport

My question is I have recently watched Vinny Pazienza and Greg Haugen there second and third fights I found the fights to be highly entertaining. How does this fight compare to a majority of other easily accessible fights to watch? And since I enjoy that fight as much as I did any other recommendations that can be made that compare to this fight?

As an aside, I think it was their first fight that they gave to Paz... I don't think I had him winning more than 3 of the 15 rounds.

Thse Paz v Haugen fights were all good. Both guys were entertaining for different reasons. Haugen was basically a game, gutsy jobber who never said no to a dust up. Paz was a big mouth, arrogant, asshole...but was explosive inside the ring, could fight a bit and they mixed well.

The Pazmanian Devil won titles at 135 lbs and at 154 lbs, but on the downslide and well past-his-prime, Vinny had the misfortune of facing a PRIME Roy Jones at 168 lbs.

The fight went exactly as fight fans KNEW it would go, and it's really too bad that the high-profile Jones fight is the one that many folks remember when they think about Pazienza rather than his title fights in his prime in the right weight class.

ESPN classic is going to start showing Showtme championship classics on thursdays.

I recorded the ESPN Classic broadcast of Toney-Holyfield. That was a hard fight to watch, but Toney is very, very crafty. He made the fight watchable, but damn it sucked to see Holyfield completely defeated...

Wow, when I think of classic fights, Holyfield Toney is way down there. A) It's not that old. B) there really wasn't much great about the fight.

Mind you, fights they choose for these classics are often not the one's that first come to my mind.

I just like watching those old fights, regardless of who it is. As you can guess, I also like UFC Unleashed and WEC Wrekage as well.

Back