• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fight pass was hacked - passwords and CC numbers released

Yeah these hackers are out of control. I don't know if this is Anon. or just a collective operating under that same name to cause further confusion.

Conspiracy theory:

These hacking groups are false flag attacks to justify greater control and surveillance over the internet. "Hey, these hacker groups, these terrorists are attacking our online infrastructure and are very dangerous, give us the power to clamp down on the internet and bring these criminals to justice!".

445#^W$%ddfdf is too strong of a password to guess or brute force , I am safe from my account getting jacked.

There is no way I'd trust the ufc with any if my card details, all their websites have been so amateur I dread to think what their security is like.

sooo should I be deleting my account right now and calling my bank to change my credit card number or what?

Anonymous has gotten completely out of control. They think that they are some defender of justice when they are a bunch of criminals in almost everything they do. If they want change there are better ways of going about it. Down with anonymous.

I don't think you understand what anynomous is.

Conspiracy theory:

These hacking groups are false flag attacks to justify greater control and surveillance over the internet. "Hey, these hacker groups, these terrorists are attacking our online infrastructure and are very dangerous, give us the power to clamp down on the internet and bring these criminals to justice!".

Quite possibly so, but I think more in the passive sense. They know individuals are going to do this. This as oppossed to orchestrating the events themselves.

I think also it's the usual corporate low-balling payment. Zuffa probably paid for the lowest security they were comfortable with paying. That left holes in the system.

Conspiracy theory:

I just don't think our government is smart enough to pull this off when there are so many legit hackers out there that wouldn't have any of it.

Quite possibly so, but I think more in the passive sense. They know individuals are going to do this. This as oppossed to orchestrating the events themselves.

Could just be a case of not letting "a good crisis go to waste" and not them actually orchestrating it, I could see that yeah.

I just don't think our government is smart enough to pull this off when there are so many legit hackers out there that wouldn't have any of it.

Your "government" is really many separate elements, some are more-or-less autonomous and are subject to very little oversight, and are in a way a kind of quasi-government of their own. I'm of course talking about the intelligence agencies here, like the CIA, the NSA, and the other, less known ones. These guys are 100% capable of this sort of thing, and there is a reason they recruit hackers, or offer bargains to convicted hackers to come work for them in exchange for lighter sentences.

sooo should I be deleting my account right now and calling my bank to change my credit card number or what?

Negative, the odds of you losing money because of any of this is virtually zero.

For one, the hacks were only 13000 people and include people from Xbox, PS, Amazon, and Fightpass, each of which have millions of subscribers. Even if you are somehow one of the 13000, which would already be like winning the lottery, someone still has to misuse your information, and your credit card company usually detects theft/fraud and does not hold you accountable anyway. For you to lose money would mean God personally hates you, in which case, your credit card is the least of your problems.

Back