Fight Pass technical issues during UFC London

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by bubbleboyjones, Feb 28, 2016.

1. bubbleboyjones

bubbleboyjones Belt Purple

"The only technical issues we had was only for a couple of minutes and only affected a small amount of customers," Winters told MMAFighting.com.

"It was on the PC side and was rectified almost immediately. [There were] zero issues on your devices, whether it be Apple TV, Roku, Xbox 360 -- zero reports anywhere else."

This is bullshit. It wasn't 2 mins. It was out for most of the Breese fight. There were other glitches later on in the card as well. There were no issues earlier which leads me to 100% believe this was do to traffic on Fight Pass.

I knew going into this card there was going to be a decent chance for something to fuck up stream wise and it played out as I expected. Fight Pass has a long ways to go to match the quality of what a Cable provider offers. Sports are about live uninterrupted viewing. I have a bunch of people over watching these fights and the fucking feed freezes or the fighters are moving at 100 frames per second at times making it look goofy.

My main concern is whatever happened during the Breese fight happened during the main event it would have ruined the entire card.

This guy on twitter captured it. It was more like 5+ mins of this.....

2. Arm Barbarian

Arm Barbarian Titanium Belt Platinum Member

For a lot of folks, it was literally screwing up for 2 / 3rds of the entire event. lol

3. The lord of bones

The lord of bones Banned Banned

I watched on xbox one and it was fine, fight pass servers probably werent used to the amount of live traffic that they had last night.

4. SirKratos

SirKratos Silver Belt

I watched all of the fights just fine

5. -Dim-

-Dim- Gold Belt

Was fine on my Roku and android app with chromecast

it was definately an issue with the web related stream because xbox, roku, android were all fine

If youve got a bunch of people over and your pc stream craps out you just look goofy for not shelling out on a roku or chromecast or using the xbox app.

Seriously, you got people coming over and you making them crowd round your laptop,, get a chromecast ya tight sod :p

Streamng via pc is always going to unreliable, and very 2009

6. Sgt Smith

Sgt Smith Bassed God

I missed the entire Breese/Nakamura fight due to issues.

BokaBokte likes this.
  7. TrueBias

TrueBias Silver Belt

It fucked up in my Mozilla, chrome, & phone.

Had to watch the rest of the fights first row.

I pay for this shit, i expect it to work.

8. bubbleboyjones

The main event for me was 'watchable' but it was fucking up as well with weird glitches where you ended up missing a second so the fighters were jumping around.

Its just a bush-league way of watching a big fight like that. I mean I'm watching a circus fight of Kimbo Slice and Dada 5000 in glorious uninterrupted HD on my cable feed a week ago and here is a very legit fight and It was a disaster.

Arm Barbarian likes this.
  9. Buff

Buff Trash Belt Degenerate

Fight Pass is so fucking shit it should be free.

Arm Barbarian likes this.
  10. bubbleboyjones

And this is the issue with cord cutting for live sports. Typically it's your local TV provider sending a signal out to their local customer base. Here we have everyone on the planet trying to connect to these servers and stream lots of data. They don't have the infrastructure for it. Could you imagine trying to host the Superbowl on a website?

11. bubbleboyjones

My laptop was hooked up via HDMI port to a large TV. There was zero issues before the main card. It glitches were not on my end, it was on UFC's end.

12. theheater

theheater Silver Belt

fight pass is shit

the site is shit. navigation is shit. the video cut out half way through the event. then the replay wouldnt load the main card. then the main card played and cut out. then all other content except this card would work. then about 2 hours late i was able to watch the video

its a clunky and buggy piece of shit

that said i think this is the future. they need to keep working on this. paying half of ppv revenue to cable companies is just a massive expense that could be fixed for savings passed along to customers or increased pay to fighters

13. Char Jawz

Char Jawz FrankieNYC Belt...RIP brother

On a positive note, I was able to rewind back to the beginning of the Breese/Nakamura fight and watch the whole thing once it got fixed. By the time the Silva/Bisping fight was on I had caught up to live stream by skipping through non fighting shit.

14. Spycho

Spycho Black Belt

15. Troublesome10

Troublesome10 non serviam belt

I had this issue for about 85% of the Breese fight on PC. It was pretty annoying.