fight in three days got cauli

shouldercharge

Dave Camarillo idoliser
Reaction score
as above noticed cauliflower ear after mma sparring last thursday waited until tuesday(yesterday) lunch time to get it drained so i'd have no more trainings.
got it drained the doctor said it was 100% bandaged it and said to leave the bandage on til i went to sleep that night and it should be fine.
took the bandage off and it was quite big again and still inflamed and sore.
went to a sports doc today had it drained again he bandaged it again(alot tighter than the doctor i saw yesterday did) and sid to try leve it on for 48hours.
have an apointment with the doctor friday morning 2hrs before i fly out 6 hours before i weigh-in.

does anybody have tips as far as how i should handle this inbetween now and my fight?
i want to do as much as i cn to get it right as obviously going in to my first fight with an inflamed and sore ear isnt ideal.

there is nothing you can do once you get it drain apart total rest.

even a quick jog will get it blown again.

maybe draining it now was not a good option.

there is nothing you can do once you get it drain apart total rest.

even a quick jog will get it blown again.

maybe draining it now was not a good option.

how long will i have to rest for?

and theres no way i could have gone without draining it it was huge and very painful in hindsight i should have drained it earlier.

how long will i have to rest for?

and theres no way i could have gone without draining it it was huge and very painful in hindsight i should have drained it earlier.

About 2 months which is not practical.

most people just keep training with ear guard but it is just a prevention and not a solution.

You just gonna bad cauli for life.

It will not matter once you start fighting.

Im about to get my ear drained, so I should take 2 months off???

Fuckkkk...no wonder all pros get it haha...

depends on the person, I personally have to rest about a week or it blows back up. I have only had it happen once, but I went for a light roll 5 days after and it was like day 1 all over. Honestly I agree and your shouldn't have drained it, now it could just swell again and it only takes one good blow to pop it.

whats the treatment if it pops.

and what should i do from now? rest and keep it bandaged til friday and hope for the best?

guy from my old gym popped his, led to normal treatment plus stitches. But it looked horrible and still grosses me out to think about it. Plus extended time off.

just rest it and keep it bandaged.

it is not like you were going to do anymore training until fight night?

Maybe it will intimidate your opponent, get a singlet to wear for the walk out

I must've good genes or something because I spend alotta time in triangles and guilliotines and most of my escapes are less then technical

I must've good genes or something because I spend alotta time in triangles and guilliotines and most of my escapes are less then technical

You could always ask your teamate to punch in the ears with some MMA gloves to test your good genes.

jkd

just rest it and keep it bandaged.

it is not like you were going to do anymore training until fight night?

very helpful lechien as always,thank you very much.

and no no more training although was thinking of runnning friday morning to help with weight cut.

very helpful lechien as always,thank you very much.

and no no more training although was thinking of runnning friday morning to help with weight cut.

even the running will get the blood flowing in the ear and you will feel it filling up again.

how much weight do you still have to cutt?

Good luck with the fight.

2.2kg

thanks alot-getting nervous!!! and the ears not helping

2.2kg

thanks alot-getting nervous!!! and the ears not helping

2.2 kg is not too bad.

Did you do a trial test on a past weekend to see if you could lose the weight?

The nerves. nothing you can do, it is part of it.

You just like have to go Zen like!

Do not overestimate or underestimate yourselves and/or your opponent.

Do not think about your opponent skills and knowledge as you could psyche yourselves out.

Most fighters just do not care about their opponent and it helps desentize the process of fighting.

It is about imposing your will/skills on him.

You have done the hard yard via training under the best camp possible.

the fight itself is the reward for such hard preparation (the cake).

the win by itself is just the cherry on top of the cake.

2 months is way too long

my last took 2-3 weeks but that was without headgear. the fina lweek was headgear and it finally stopped, imagine that ;p

headgear for a week should have you in good order. ice it, make sure it doesn't fill up, etc.

2.2 kg is not too bad.

Did you do a trial test on a past weekend to see if you could lose the weight?

The nerves. nothing you can do, it is part of it.

You just like have to go Zen like!

Do not overestimate or underestimate yourselves and/or your opponent.

Do not think about your opponent skills and knowledge as you could psyche yourselves out.

Most fighters just do not care about their opponent and it helps desentize the process of fighting.

It is about imposing your will/skills on him.

You have done the hard yard via training under the best camp possible.

the fight itself is the reward for such hard preparation (the cake).

the win by itself is just the cherry on top of the cake.

You seem to know a lot. Do you have Cauli ear and how have you dealt with it. My old gym only a few guys had it, this new gym most of the guys have it! I am starting to get it and just bought headgear. Damn don't want my ears to blow up and I have no choice to roll without it until my ear guard arrive in the mail.

Ear structure affects it a lot. Small, rigid ears tend to be more prone to it.

Be careful bro...kimbo vs thompson was a horrid example of a cauliflower ear busting during a fight

If you're careful, a weeks rest should be ok with headgear. Just be sensible. Depends how bad it is. I've had mild cauliflower and couldn't get an appointment with the doctor and it ended up looking ok after a few days.

Back