Fight Diet: Keeping muscle w/ high cardio

R

Rawts

i want to fight at 170 but i only weigh 180, weight melts of me so easily, its ridiculous. i want to try to keep muscle mass and strength for my fight (if i ever get it.) basically what i ask is, how can i keep weight on when doing high cardio every day? advice and recommendations plz.

^I'd disagree with that.

Basically, it comes down to eating lots of calories, but you can do FAR better (nutritionally) than pasta and weight gainer shakes.

You have to understand that sometimes, you will be uncomfortable and will have to eat more than you feel like eating. I consider myself an EASY-gainer, but when I'm training hard, sometimes I just have to choke down more food if I want to keep my weight up.

Good Food Choices
-Nuts and nut butters. Very calorically dense.
-Meat
-Eggs
-Fruit
-Veggies
-Oats
-Milk, any kind you like so long as it's actual milk (not soy).
-Healthy, whole-grain, low-sugar, high-fiber cold cereals are almost a "magic bullet" for weight gain for me. Be careful though. You have to read the ingriedients/nutrition facts. Lots of cold cereals (any packaged food, for that matter) look healthy at first glance, but most certainly are not.
-Yogurt
-Protein powder or Muscle Milk. I'm not a big fan of gainers because most gainers are loaded with sugar.
-Whole grain, HFCS-free bread, also works very well for me (I'm not very carb-tolerant).

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Agreed with Xtrainer. You need to up your calorie intake but by putting crap in your body. I'm not saying pasta is crap but you can do better.

I'd also like to ask about the type of cardio you are doing. For instance, you are likely to lose more muscle doing LSD running rather than a HIIT method like tabata burpees. Then again, this shouldn't be such an issue if you are getting plenty of calories in. Either way, I think that consuming more GOOD calories is the simple yet correct answer.

^I'd disagree with that.

Basically, it comes down to eating lots of calories, but you can do FAR better (nutritionally) than pasta and weight gainer shakes.

You have to understand that sometimes, you will be uncomfortable and will have to eat more than you feel like eating. I consider myself an EASY-gainer, but when I'm training hard, sometimes I just have to choke down more food if I want to keep my weight up.

Good Food Choices
-Nuts and nut butters. Very calorically dense.
-Meat
-Eggs
-Fruit
-Veggies
-Oats
-Milk, any kind you like so long as it's actual milk (not soy).
-Healthy, whole-grain, low-sugar, high-fiber cold cereals are almost a "magic bullet" for weight gain for me. Be careful though. You have to read the ingriedients/nutrition facts. Lots of cold cereals (any packaged food, for that matter) look healthy at first glance, but most certainly are not.
-Yogurt
-Protein powder or Muscle Milk. I'm not a big fan of gainers because most gainers are loaded with sugar.
-Whole grain, HFCS-free bread, also works very well for me (I'm not very carb-tolerant).

yea u pretty much nailed it

Back