• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"Fight Church" Documentary, Featuring Bendo and Jon Jones

God? Lol.
Ppl still believe in that?

There might be a higher entity in existence somewhere but we would be to it like ants beneath our own feet.

I think it could go either way. It's certainly possible that a higher being exists and doesn't give a fuck about us, but I think it's equally possible that this being is personal intervenes in human affairs.

In fact, I don't think there's any good reason to not be open to either possibility.

funny, i just watched it, and here's this thread on page 1.

my thoughts: it's somewhat interesting and entertaining. better than the Dada 5000 documentary but certainly not as good as Choke or The Smashing Machine.

i guess i'm saying, ya, put it in your queue. but probably not at the top.

I think it could go either way. It's certainly possible that a higher being exists and doesn't give a fuck about us, but I think it's equally possible that this being is personal intervenes in human affairs.

In fact, I don't think there's any good reason to not be open to either possibility.

true. being open is good. to borrow and paraphrase a line from Carl Sagan, a true scientist has to be both 1. open to new ideas and 2. highly skeptical about everything.

so being sure there is a god or sure there isn't would be equally wrong, in his view.

instead, one can simply posit that there is currently no scientific evidence proving there is one, and that all evidence held up over the year to attempt to "prove" so has failed.

You say it's equally possible they might intervene in our affairs?

That's like a 5 year old having an ant colony in a tank.

He intervenes in a way but it isn't really beneficial and it's a passing amusement.
It's human arrogance to think we are special enough that a godlike entity is looking out for our welfare.

It's just not possible because such a being would have far more important things to manage.

Back