FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Thread v3: IT'S CALLED SOCCER Edition

Will freedom prosper against the Dutch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was such a football nerd back in the 90s as a kid so Real Oviedo has always been a familiar name and La Liga stable. I also remember La Coruna being pretty decent even in the CL - I guess they were also some big rivals of you given the short distance even though it's another region. Gijon of course too, right? Pretty nice area where you live and you got the beautiful coast of the atlantic ocean :) closest destination I've been in northern Spain was Bilbao.
That's awesome, where are you from?
Deportivo de la Coruña or just Depor - We always had a cordial relationship with them. Of all Galician teams, they easily have the nicest supporters as well; they used to come in the thousands and so did we. I was legit sad to see them relegated to third tier.
As for Sporting de Gijón. Fuck em. Oviedo vs Gijón, the Asturian derby, is one of the biggest rivalries in Spanish football.
If you've been to Bilbao: most of the northwest of Spain is pretty similar, with Asturias and part of Cantabria being way more mountainous and less populated.
casonas-asturianas-oferta-turismo-rural-asturias-1024x683.jpg

Almost forgot about that cocksucker! Didn't that clown even got fired at Istanbul aswell. He better sticks to playing PlayStation then... he is a wanker! Fuck him!

Video was funny though! I loved the fat guy who half-heartedly poked his stick/flag at them with zero conviction

Uruguay with Arrascaeta was a whole different team.

They paid the price for the coach's idiocy, not starting Arrascaeta in the first two games and trying to score only through long passes.

He's their only creative #10 type they got and he didn't play at all the first game.

We all lose with Uruguay out of the tourney. No team wants to win (by absolutely ANY means) as bad as them.

Uruguay with Arrascaeta was a whole different team.

They paid the price for the coach's idiocy, not starting Arrascaeta in the first two games and trying to score only through long passes.

They were my dark horse. They were shite in general. That group should've been walkable as far as 2nd place goes and potentially even winning it.

He's their only creative #10 type they got and he didn't play at all the first game.

We all lose with Uruguay out of the tourney. No team wants to win (by absolutely ANY means) as bad as them.
Not only he is their only 10, he's been the best offensive midfielder in the whole South America in the last 4 years. My team won 2 nationals and got to 3 Libertadores finals - winning 2 - with him.

It's really a shame to see a great player like him kicked home. A gem that most of Europe don't get to regularly see.

Not only he is their only 10, he's been the best offensive midfielder in the whole South America in the last 4 years. My team won 2 nationals and got to 3 Libertadores finals - winning 2 - with him.

It's really a shame to see a great player like him kicked home. A gem that most of Europe don't get to regularly see.

Uruguayan? You I mean?
Honestly. Never heard of him whatsoever. But based upon that one game he looked a fucking problem for the opposition.

lol so which was the craziest upset of these final matches in the group stage??

- Tunisia beats France
- Japan beats Spain
- South Korea beats Portugal
- Cameroon beats Brazil
Edit: Misread. Final group stage. I guess Japan over Spain—only because Portugal, Brazil, and France looked to be coasting a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back