Fiber In strength training diet bad?

Shin-Shoryuken

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm no nutritionist so forgive me if this is a noob question. I have been doing a pretty decent training regimen of bodyweight and weighted bodyweight exercises to improve my strength, muscle endurance, and put on some weight in sheer muscle mass (hopefully). i have a fast ****bolism and try to include alot of protein in my diet. I was wondering if fiber in my diet would make reaching my 3 goals harder (mainly the weight gain). I'm not talking about a huge amount of fiber, just including it with my breakfast. Any responses would help/

You need fiber man, broccolli, spinach etc

I'd like to see someone more knowledgeable than myself explain the function of fiber, as my understanding is limited. I THINK it's function is to slow down digestion, which can be useful in lowering the GI of meals and enhancing overnight usage of protein from casein. But I'm not totally sure how it affects absorption of protein. I do know you're supposed to avoid it pre and PWO.

specifically talking about its effect on trying to put on/maintain weight. would it have a negative effect? positive? none?

You must have fiber.

If your food pump isn't functioning properly and you aren't enjoying the wonderful experience of a "natural" circadian rhythm then you are blowin' it.

Most absorption takes place in the intestines, almost all. Our bloodstream is fed through our intestines. I think you can take it from here.

Back