Ferguson Says He Made That Recovery His Bitch

BrianC18t

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Too bad a cord made him its bitch in the first place! Glad to see he is recovering though as I really want to see him get smashed sooner or later by Khabib. Ferguson is so cringewothy!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“Cleared” Made That Recovery My Bitch 4 Months &amp; A Day Thanks Everyone That Believed In Me, Keep That Shit UpTime For Some Chaos &amp; Reclaim Whats Mine- Champ <a href="https://t.co/HP7Ea20VoP">pic.twitter.com/HP7Ea20VoP</a></p>&mdash; Tony Ferguson (@TonyFergusonXT) <a href="">August 11, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:
That injury must of cost him a lot of money as well. If he went through with the Khabib fight and won, we could be talking about Conor/Tony right now...

I think the momentum he was carrying is probably gone. Hope he's not too far past it to get rolling again.

Tony isn't one of those guys who is talented enough to stay on top for years even through their decline. He needed to cash in during the high point of his career and I fear for him it passed him by without him getting to fulfill his highest potential achievements.

I think the momentum he was carrying is probably gone. Hope he's not too far past it to get rolling again.

Tony isn't one of those guys who is talented enough to stay on top for years even through their decline. He needed to cash in during the high point of his career and I fear for him it passed him by without him getting to fulfill his highest potential achievements.

How the fuck would you know, it's not like we've even seen him past his prime yet. For all we know he'll slow down his pace and use his skills instead of exploding to win fights, he's still one of the most well rounded fighters in the game.

One of the most complete, yet unorthodox fighters out right now.

Is there a ranked LW that doesn't have a UFC belt these days? They're giving them out like candy.

titanic-newspaper-article-3.jpg

He's coming back too early. Tony is going to be the lightweight Cain Velasquez.

How the fuck would you know, it's not like we've even seen him past his prime yet. For all we know he'll slow down his pace and use his skills instead of exploding to win fights, he's still one of the most well rounded fighters in the game.
I root for Ferguson almost every fight and was picking him to upset Kebab.

The guys who can have really long title runs have physical aspects on top of their skillsets, that carry them through bad match ups, decline, fights they're just not right in, etc. Tony doesn't have that. I hope it's not too late, but most fighters get 1 run where they're at their very best, I just worry Tony's is past and he got screwed having to win so long before getting his title shot/recognition.

Wonder who he will fight? A warm up scrap will be a good test against a lesser ranked opponent. Top guys are all booked. Could be a Extremely long unpredictable wait to fight the Conor/Khabib Victor.

Kevin Lee rematch to test that bummed knee? (unless lee moves up in weight?)
Raging Al could give it a workout?
Alvarez , If he signs could be semi decent warm up fight?
Throw him in as Alternate for Diaz/Poirier or Khabib/Conor?
Some total unknown can for kicks and giggles?
Metal Pole is always game.,. That beast is undefeated!

Tony is in a strange situation. Worst time ever to come back. Everyone worthy is booked.

Time for some chaos? I hope he beats Colby’s ass.

He better take it easy, hes gonna get hurt again pushing himself

Dudes missing out on serious paper with Conors return and hes sidelined

I root for Ferguson almost every fight and was picking him to upset Kebab.

The guys who can have really long title runs have physical aspects on top of their skillsets, that carry them through bad match ups, decline, fights they're just not right in, etc. Tony doesn't have that. I hope it's not too late, but most fighters get 1 run where they're at their very best, I just worry Tony's is past and he got screwed having to win so long before getting his title shot/recognition.

Physical aspects on top of their skillsets?...Tony has GOAT-tier recovery and chin, there's no indication that he's gonna lose that any time soon. It could happen, but plenty of fighters have kept their durability long past their best years.

He's also insanely athletic and creative, high fight IQ. I'm really not following you at all.

Ferguson's biggest weakness is his extreme commitment to his offense which has often left him open to get countered and hurt himself. That doesn't mean he won't have longevity. He can adapt for this. He's talented and gifted enough.

He needs another fight or two. I don't want Sherdorks crying when he loses to Conor, "He's all washed up". I want the "Best" Tony.

Seriously, the UFC was damn lucky that another cord didn't fuck up Cormier's knee before the Stipe fight.

Back