Female HGH

Chris Gaines

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Listen, nowadays, HGH is the main doping agent of choice in the sports world. It attracts use because of its availability and because of the fact that it is not a steroid. Various side effects have been observed in both HGH treated patients and athletes. The following is a list of major risks associated with this hormonal supplement. [1]

* Intracranial hypertension (elevated pressure in the skull)
* Visual changes
* Headache
* Nausea
* Vomiting
* Myalgia (muscular pain)
* Peripheral edema (swelling of lower limbs)
* Carpal tunnel syndrome
* Arthralgia (joint pain)
* Increased growth of nose and jaw
* High blood pressure
* Increased diabetes risk
* Increased cardiovascular risk
* Increased cancer risk (colon cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer)

Theres been lots of talk recently about HGH gut, but has there been any cases of female fighters being busted for HGH Gunt? No accusations please, just facts.

Discuss.

Chicks with dicks.

Dick dick dick dick dick

It's called Pregnancy in women, you never call it gut.

I dont think it affects women as much. They focus more on leaning out than bulking. Chick at gym looked shredded and thought she was on hgh. She thinks shes hot shit though. Haha.

The origin of the HGH gut is still a topic of discussion, but many see it as linked to high insulin dosing, which is often stacked with HGH. Insulin use by bodybuilders helps muscle intake nutrients rapidly to help make larger and stronger muscles quicker than normal body building/diet. Since strength is not as much of a factor in lower weight classes, insulin use is likely lower, if not used at all by both the men and women of these divisions, thus no HGH gut.

Listen, nowadays, HGH is the main doping agent of choice in the sports world..

No its not. Anyone using hgh is an idiot, especially since modern testing can detect hgh use for up to a month after administration.

"HGH Gunt?"

We're playing a dangerous game here...

Listen, nowadays, HGH is the main doping agent of choice in the sports world. It attracts use because of its availability and because of the fact that it is not a steroid. Various side effects have been observed in both HGH treated patients and athletes. The following is a list of major risks associated with this hormonal supplement. [1]

* Intracranial hypertension (elevated pressure in the skull)
* Visual changes
* Headache
* Nausea
* Vomiting
* Myalgia (muscular pain)
* Peripheral edema (swelling of lower limbs)
* Carpal tunnel syndrome
* Arthralgia (joint pain)
* Increased growth of nose and jaw
* High blood pressure
* Increased diabetes risk
* Increased cardiovascular risk
* Increased cancer risk (colon cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer)

Theres been lots of talk recently about HGH gut, but has there been any cases of female fighters being busted for HGH Gunt? No accusations please, just facts.

Discuss.
No women in MMA have tested postive for exogenous HGH, or at least none that have made the press.

We've had :
Carina Damm - Nandrolone
Carina Damm - Fake urine
Cyborg - Stanozolol
Cyborg - Spironolactone
Andrea Lee - Spironolactone and/or canrenone (one is a metabolite of the other, both are available as Rx meds)
Ashlee Smith-Evans - Hydrochlorothiazide
Jamie Herrington - Amphetamines
And Jessica Eye for weed, because Texas.

If you count Gabi Garcia's failed test in BJJ, you can add clomid.

Very few athletes have been caught for HGH, simply because there wasn't a test that could detect it's use outside of a very short window until a year or two ago. The ones that show up in USADA's database (http://www.usada.org/testing/results/sanctions/) are either admissions or non-analytic - someone ratted on them.

No its not. Anyone using hgh is an idiot, especially since modern testing can detect hgh use for up to a month after administration.
There was a guy busted in baseball for nandrolone last month. There is unfortunately no shortage of dumb athletes.

Really? I thought HGH had one of the shorter half-lifes as far as performance enhancers go.

The origin of the HGH gut is still a topic of discussion, but many see it as linked to high insulin dosing, which is often stacked with HGH. Insulin use by bodybuilders helps muscle intake nutrients rapidly to help make larger and stronger muscles quicker than normal body building/diet. Since strength is not as much of a factor in lower weight classes, insulin use is likely lower, if not used at all by both the men and women of these divisions, thus no HGH gut.
Great post, with a educated perspective.
My go to when I was researching HGH gut back in the day, was Lee Priest. Lee always claimed that the reason he didn't have the gut was because he didn't take HGH. But I've heard some pretty convincing arguments for Insulin as the cause. I believe Flex Wheeler has spoken on it as well, but I don't know their stance on Insulin. I'm definitely going to look into it.
2013+06-30+00.jpg

Lee Priest at mid 40's & a long time steroid user, but no HGH.

He knows it. HGH is going extinct in highly tested sports environments like cycling. Too easy to detect. Lots of other stuff if you are willing and able to pay. If you have money just buy the latest designer drug that is not even known to WADA, so there doesnt exist a test. To counter that samples have to be secured for a period of time to be able to retest them.

HGH still plays a role in MMA because outside UFC there is very little testing and no matter how much they are now marketing their USADA crusade it still has very big holes in it. The punishments alone are often a pure joke. There is literally no incentive at all to not dope at the moment compared to what you will gain. People dont get it, it can be the difference between not even making it to the big stages and being a top10 fighter. Its that big!

It has to have career ending consequences or it will never be reduced.

Regarding the gut just look at when it started to be a topic in bodybuilding. It was with the start of high amount abuse of HGH and Insulin. I would bet these two are the deciding factors. No scientific evidence but otherwise Schwarzenegger etc would had to have it also and they didnt.

Really? I thought HGH had one of the shorter half-lifes as far as performance enhancers go.

yeh, the new test doesnt rely on the presence of hgh.

i brief (cos this has already been wastelanded). theres two particular factors in the body, igf-1 (insulin like growth factor), and PIII-NP that have a very specific relationship to each other and have very specific ratios to each other.

Hgh totally changes those ratios and relationship. \This is what the new test is focussed on, so it can determine from changes to those two factors that HGH has been administered.

Theres two ways the analysis is run for failsafe, with the two results factored together to reach a decision.

more info

https://www.wada-ama.org/sites/defa...ines-for-hgh-biomarkers-test-v2.0-2016-en.pdf

the new test allows detection of "use" up to a month after administration

yeh, the new test doesnt rely on the presence of hgh.

i brief (cos this has already been wastelanded). theres two particular factors in the body, igf-1 (insulin like growth factor), and PIII-NP that have a very specific relationship to each other and have very specific ratios to each other.

Hgh totally changes those ratios and relationship. \This is what the new test is focussed on, so it can determine from changes to those two factors that HGH has been administered.

Theres two ways the analysis is run for failsafe, with the two results factored together to reach a decision.

more info

https://www.wada-ama.org/sites/defa...ines-for-hgh-biomarkers-test-v2.0-2016-en.pdf

the new test allows detection of "use" up to a month after administration
Just curious: What about testing for oral GH secretagogues with short half-lifes like MK-677? From what I understand, the elevated GH exists for a period of time well after the drug is out of your system.

Just curious: What about testing for oral GH secretagogues with short half-lifes like MK-677? From what I understand, the elevated GH exists for a period of time well after the drug is out of your system.
Im not 10% sure what the testing methodology is for 677/Ibutamoren, i think its just a straight urine analsis, but yeh, half life is about a day. But, things like elevated gh-igf-1 that come from using it will show up in the biological passport.

this is what the key is going forward, is that levels of all the various growth factors are monitored and recorded over the long term, so while i dont think they can charge with 677 use based on igf1 increasing, it gives them the info they need for target testing.

I'm not calling it 'HGH gut' (coz who knows anyway),
I'm calling it 'GSP gut'

Untitled_zpse57wbt0b.jpg

236868001.jpg

Last edited:
Im not 10% sure what the testing methodology is for 677/Ibutamoren, i think its just a straight urine analsis, but yeh, half life is about a day. But, things like elevated gh-igf-1 that come from using it will show up in the biological passport.

this is what the key is going forward, is that levels of all the various growth factors are monitored and recorded over the long term, so while i dont think they can charge with 677 use based on igf1 increasing, it gives them the info they need for target testing.
Interesting where testing procedures will go from here. I wonder where the line will get drawn between cut-n-dry PED use vs elevated levels due to natural methods (change of lifestyle, diet, legal supplementation, training methods).

Back