Felder noticeable CTE

Harsh
seth-green.jpg

Nothing to see here. It's a common and lasting effect of the orbital fractures he suffered against the Hooker.

“With the eye, there’s a couple of orbital floor fractures, which happen more often than some of the casual fans will know about. Any time we’re breaking our noses and stuff we get [damage] to the orbital floor—it’s small bones under your eye they’re like egg shells—they crack quite often,” Felder told MMA Fighting’s Eurobash podcast.

“The way everything is looking now, I won’t need any kind of plates or surgery. Everything will heal on it’s own, it will be an eight-week, no-contact type of situation. My ankle is still really sore just because of the calf kicks and kicking him my feet always swell after fights and traveling, and then you go out and eat 3,000 calories of donuts in one sitting, they swell up a bit!”

I'm surprised we have such good investigators on Sherdog, some of you guys should replace Ariel, like the one guy who predicted Max was showing CTE symptoms before Bisping pointed it out.

Nothing to see here. It's a common and lasting effect of the orbital fractures he suffered against the Hooker.

“With the eye, there’s a couple of orbital floor fractures, which happen more often than some of the casual fans will know about. Any time we’re breaking our noses and stuff we get [damage] to the orbital floor—it’s small bones under your eye they’re like egg shells—they crack quite often,” Felder told MMA Fighting’s Eurobash podcast.

“The way everything is looking now, I won’t need any kind of plates or surgery. Everything will heal on it’s own, it will be an eight-week, no-contact type of situation. My ankle is still really sore just because of the calf kicks and kicking him my feet always swell after fights and traveling, and then you go out and eat 3,000 calories of donuts in one sitting, they swell up a bit!”
It sure sounds like fun being a pro fighter!:confused:

Everyone who takes punches for a living has some form of CTE. Its just a question of how much and is it symptomatic yet.
Yep. Even Test, a pro wrestler who didnt have a very long career and wasnt known for his hardcore style, had CTE when they tested his brain after he died. So its safe to say pretty much every living boxer, fighter, and most pro wrestlers (particularly the old school guys) have some form of CTE. Test wasnt exactly taking chair shots to the head even remotely frequently, so just think about the guys who are getting clobbered in the head constantly

People seem to think chris benoit was some unique case because he was one of the first high profile guys to have his brain tested, but in fact guys like Mick foley are walking around with way worse CTE. Everybody has CTE

Back