Fedor's opinion of BJJ

zheka

Blue Belt
Reaction score
A lot of people train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu as a base. You train Sambo as your base. What is your opinion of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu?

Fedor: I think highly of BJJ. But I see some disadvantages as well. Jiu Jitsu is a rather good Martial Art base. But one need to guide newcomers at the very beginning in order to avoid and eliminate the future mistakes. I can't say combat sambo or bjj have more or less advantage in case of transition to MMA. If people get involved in it, it's only for their good. Moreover it helps popularize the sport itself. For me, personally, combat sambo is the native sport ans this is the reason I believe sambo is more versatile, dynamic, free and less monotonous.

The whole Interview:

http://www.m1mixfight.com/info/interviews/2008/3/11/Fedor-interview/

he is indeed pure class.its a good interview :)

seriously,this line says it all:
"I can't say combat sambo or bjj have more or less advantage in case of transition to MMA. If people get involved in it, it's only for their good"

Sory. I from Romania. I not speak English. Is interview good?

he's pure what? sorry didn't get it the first six times.

Fedor's exactly right. It's a personal decision. That's what those who think in terms of absolutes don't understand. Every person had their own strengths and weaknesses, interests, and skills. Now-a-days, there's no point to style-vs-style. This is why Fedor's the Man.

did anyone mention that this Fedor guy is pure class? b/c let me tell you about just how pure of class he is. His class pureness is so pure you could say he was pure class.

Is he as classy as Todd....or does he just have the same grip strength?

PURE CLASS :icon_chee:icon_chee:icon_chee:icon_chee

132.JPG

Back