Fedor will sign with the UFC, nothing else has ever been an option.

I think people are over-estimating the market value of Fedor in 2015. He's a hardcore fan phenomenon. I have a hard time seeing him drive big PPV sales in a market that is dominated by a pop culture icon like Rousey and media-magnet in Conor.

He doesn't speak English, looks unassuming, and left the big show on a three fight losing streak. It took a world tour (literally) and huge sum of marketing money to make Conor a PPV success, and Zuffa had a perfect dance partner who loved to work with media.

How does Zuffa offer Fedor millions when there is little surety it turns into PPV revenue? It was reported he declined a 500k purse (directly from Lorenzo) with some bonuses after Zuffa bought StrikeForce. I think a similar deal would be offered.

Bellator might be in the position to offer more because they need to subsidize growing their brand. There are very, very few free agents that mean much in the sport. They could look at this as an investment for building Bellator.

the only way bellator can lay claim to being a true competitor to the ufc is to sign fedor, build him up and then challenge ufc to a hw crossover championship super bowl. this would be so awesome.

Why would a top-notch organization like the UFC sign Fedor?
The UFC has the best fighters, truly top competition. Fedor used to duck top competition, right? Also, the only two fighters Fedor has ever beaten are Hong Man Choi and Zulu; why would the UFC be interested in him?
After Fedor lost to some guy named Fabricio Werdum, Dana White laughed at Fedor and publicly declared that Fedor had lost to a guy 'who couldn't hack it in the UFC'.

Dunno about all that. Same Dana White who said that the UFC will never have women's mma, yet rousey is one of their biggest draws, if not the biggest. Hard to take Dana at face value.

I think people are over-estimating the market value of Fedor in 2015. He's a hardcore fan phenomenon. I have a hard time seeing him drive big PPV sales in a market that is dominated by a pop culture icon like Rousey and media-magnet in Conor.

He doesn't speak English, looks unassuming, and left the big show on a three fight losing streak. It took a world tour (literally) and huge sum of marketing money to make Conor a PPV success, and Zuffa had a perfect dance partner who loved to work with media.

How does Zuffa offer Fedor millions when there is little surety it turns into PPV revenue? It was reported he declined a 500k purse (directly from Lorenzo) with some bonuses after Zuffa bought StrikeForce. I think a similar deal would be offered.

Bellator might be in the position to offer more because they need to subsidize growing their brand. There are very, very few free agents that mean much in the sport. They could look at this as an investment for building Bellator.

Pretty much this. Bellator NEEDS Fedor while the UFC doesn't. Sure, the UFC could use him, it may even help, but their long term (or even short term) success doesn't depend on him. Bellator has shown (in the Coker era) a penchant for relying on freakshow fights to really appeal to the public, while the UFC has at least tried to sell the idea of the best v. the best (as flawed as it is sometimes).

Most people thought he'd sign with UFC the first time, didn't happen. Wouldn't hold my breathe this time.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but:

2e5rvv5.jpg

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/guys-fedor-will-not-sign-ufc-ever-opinion-3033955/

Funny thought;

With all the shit talking Dana has done in the past regarding Fedor. Should he sign with the UFC and the UFC tries to talk up Fedor and promote him...the media are going to have a field day reminding Dana about past opinions and statements...

It will be funny.

Fedor is going to Bellator. He may get some wins over C-level Fighters, then all the pseudo-hardcore fans will claim they were the best Fighters and the UFC needs to get Fedor in the Cage no matter how much it costs. And they don't, it is the UFCs fault.

Watch how all thios plays out!

Negotiations with the UFC must be going well. Fedor is going to attend another Bellator fan fest on September 19.

Holy crap ts, can I get an abridged version.

That was a lot of words to justify your future telling abilities. Most just use a crystal ball and dim the lights. Credit for going hard on the keyboard.

Why would a top-notch organization like the UFC sign Fedor?
The UFC has the best fighters, truly top competition. Fedor used to duck top competition, right? Also, the only two fighters Fedor has ever beaten are Hong Man Choi and Zulu; why would the UFC be interested in him?
After Fedor lost to some guy named Fabricio Werdum, Dana White laughed at Fedor and publicly declared that Fedor had lost to a guy 'who couldn't hack it in the UFC'.

Why? Because Dana always busts his ass trying to get Fedor. A source close to Fedor has said that the offer from the UFC is far better than the one from Bellator. It all depends if Fedor wants to go where he has been (Bellator) or to the rematch he is looking for and a huge payday.

Dana like a lot of the fans would love to see Fedor in the UFC, the one place he has yet to go.

Funny thought;

With all the shit talking Dana has done in the past regarding Fedor. Should he sign with the UFC and the UFC tries to talk up Fedor and promote him...the media are going to have a field day reminding Dana about past opinions and statements...

It will be funny.

As much as I'd like to agree, you're wrong. Dana has had countless times to "eat his words" and the media has never bitten. I don't see this as any different. See his comments after Werdum beat Fedor for example.

Funny thought;

It will be funny.

Of course he will be hyped and if he wins it will be earned. There have been a lot of "great" fighters that ruled the roost outside of the UFC but once they get there they somewhat don't appear as great as they once were.

If Fedor comes in and loses 3 in a row then yeah, Dana will talk up a shitstorm about Fedor being over rated. If Fedor wins out you have to respect him even more.

Fedor vs Kimbo is gonna happen sooner than later.

Biggest stage, the biggest fights, the best opponents and the most money.

But its Fedor and Vadim so who knows.

He really should be in UFC this time, lets hope it happens.

Of course he will be hyped and if he wins it will be earned. There have been a lot of "great" fighters that ruled the roost outside of the UFC but once they get there they somewhat don't appear as great as they once were.

If Fedor comes in and loses 3 in a row then yeah, Dana will talk up a shitstorm about Fedor being over rated. If Fedor wins out you have to respect him even more.

Nah.

Dana White will no longer shit talk Fedor at all if he signs with the UFC. Fedor will be inducted into the UFC HoF and White will actually give credit to all that he accomplished.

White only shit talked him because he spurned UFC to sign with Strikeforce towards the tail end of his prime.

Win or lose, White won't shit talk the guy if he actually comes to UFC.

Back