Fedor vs. Kharitonov!

It's a shame it never happened in Pride, it would have been a good fight with Fedor winning.

At least Sergei faced one Emelianenko though.

tumblr_ovzy6yhuHH1qd4esao2_250.gif

Fedor would take it by submission.

It's a shame it never happened in Pride, it would have been a good fight with Fedor winning.

At least Sergei faced one Emelianenko though.

tumblr_ovzy6yhuHH1qd4esao2_250.gif

If Sergei had won that fight I suspect he would have fought Fedor on NYE, Aleks did tend to act somewhat as a gatekeeper to Fedor and they tried to book Barnett to face him at that event as well coming off of a win over him.

If Sergei had won that fight I suspect he would have fought Fedor on NYE, Aleks did tend to act somewhat as a gatekeeper to Fedor and they tried to book Barnett to face him at that event as well coming off of a win over him.
They might have booked it anyway but sergei was sidelined with 2 shoulder injuries and i think they didnt want to risk him beating fedor and then getting injured. One of the great fights that never happened although prime fedor was impossible to defeat.

Seriously I was like oh thats pretty neat kinda makes sense matchup for 2 old fighters.

It would be close odds I don't know because Fedor is such a head hunter. He only grapples now if you make him and then he'll crush but otherwise just wants to head hunt.
Thats not accurate. I dont think he has much explosive grappling left in him. He head hunts because thats all he really has left to him.

Thats not accurate. I dont think he has much explosive grappling left in him. He head hunts because thats all he really has left to him.
Disagree. He still got those baby making hips. Chael fight was comical.

They might have booked it anyway but sergei was sidelined with 2 shoulder injuries and i think they didnt want to risk him beating fedor and then getting injured. One of the great fights that never happened although prime fedor was impossible to defeat.

You could argue really that along with the K-1 focus it was really the injuries that did for Sergei, even winning the rematch with Reem I think you see him looking a good deal less sharp and he never looked as sharp again following the long layoff after that.

You could argue really that along with the K-1 focus it was really the injuries that did for Sergei, even winning the rematch with Reem I think you see him looking a good deal less sharp and he never looked as sharp again following the long layoff after that.
Also gaining 50 lbs

Also gaining 50 lbs

Although I think on the muscle side that was really more adjusting to his abilities, when the speed went it made sense to become more of a powerhouse.

Not really sure his career choices were the best either, shifted focus to kickboxing just as there was a space in HW MMA for new elite guys to replace Crocop, Nog, etc then just as he seemed to have found a good level in kickboxing as a tank like hustler switched back to MMA where I think his lack of speed/agility is more of an issue.

Although I think on the muscle side that was really more adjusting to his abilities, when the speed went it made sense to become more of a powerhouse.

Not really sure his career choices were the best either, shifted focus to kickboxing just as there was a space in HW MMA for new elite guys to replace Crocop, Nog, etc then just as he seemed to have found a good level in kickboxing as a tank like hustler switched back to MMA where I think his lack of speed/agility is more of an issue.
And TDD

Back