Fedor vs Cro Cop airing on FOX Sports 2 right now. EDIT: Rampage/Arona now playing...

Roger FedorAIR

It ain't easy being white
Reaction score
So, can we still talk about PRIDE fights on this board?

They're showing a Best of PRIDE episode right now, and this fight is on...

To this day, still the single most anticipated fight with the most perfect buildup and timing, in the history of MMA (GSP/BJ 2 still a distant 2nd)... Just one man's opinion...

EDIT: Wow, now it's Rampage/Arona.... This episode is stacked!!

Last edited:
If Crocop's headkick was a few inches lower, Fedor would have been KO'd.

Also, Fedor couldn't GNP Crocop like he did to Big Nog and Heath Herring.

MMA, like all sports, is a game of inches. A lot of times those inches are gained by random chance. There's a gambling element and part of the reason why it's so exciting.

CC had a very under-rated defensive guard. Fedor actually did more damage standing.

I pretty much ALWAYS have this thought when I watch this fight...

Not even a few inches, like literally a 1/2 inch, and that's KOing Fedor, because it really looked like the kick already had some impact because Fedor's head moves as it passes over... Fedor was already on queer street from that left cross, so I doubt he was surviving a CroCopLHK....

What is this FS2 you speak of? :)

If Fedor's right hand after the LHK connected, it'd have KO'd Cro Cop. Moot points.

I know I'm gonna get heat for this, but Fedor vs. Cro Cop reminded me of how I felt watching Hulk Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior when I was 5. It was the 2 guys at the very top of the sports facing one another. UFC obviously wants fans today to think of Cain-JDS the same way, so they are airing it so the comparison will be made and thought of in the same light.

Damn, now they're playing Rampage/Arona.

This is a fucking stacked episode....

I know I'm gonna get heat for this, but Fedor vs. Cro Cop reminded me of how I felt watching Hulk Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior when I was 5. It was the 2 guys at the very top of the sports facing one another. UFC obviously wants fans today to think of Cain-JDS the same way, so they are airing it so the comparison will be made and thought of in the same light.

Damn man... Nice analogy with the Hulk/UltWarrior comparison. Geez, I had totally forgot about that match....

But yeah, whether or not they are airing this episode right now specifically because of the Cain/JDS fight, I don't know....

But what I do think is that the UFC really messed up by doing the trilogy fight SO SOON... Especially when there were still intriguing and, more importantly, WINNABLE matchups on the table for both guys...

I just think that by rushing right into the trilogy, they've taken away a lot of the buildup and anticipation, that I think would've really put this fight into that rare air of MUST-BUY PPVs... But that's just me....

But what I do think is that the UFC really messed up by doing the trilogy fight SO SOON... Especially when there were still intriguing and, more importantly, WINNABLE matchups on the table for both guys...

I just think that by rushing right into the trilogy, they've taken away a lot of the buildup and anticipation, that I think would've really put this fight into that rare air of MUST-BUY PPVs... But that's just me....

its too risky to wait. we know how that turns out. injuries build up. we end up seeing a fight when both guys are past their prime

Just like if Fedor's atomic overhand right was 1 inch lower some seconds before that.

its too risky to wait. we know how that turns out. injuries build up. we end up seeing a fight when both guys are past their prime

Well, like I said, there were fights on the table that were intriguing and, most importantly, WINNABLE....

Cain/Werdum would've been intriguing, and at least a fresh matchup, and I don't think many of us see Werdum taking he strap from Cain....

JDS/Reem would've still been a fight people would want to watch, and while Reem is always a threat to land a bomb, I think his past 2 fights show us that JDS would've likely taken him out just the same....

And even worse case scenario where either guy lost one of those fights, they're still far and away the 2 best fighters fighting in the shallowest division in the UFC(not including 125 because that division doesn't count)....

The likelihood that these guys DON'T eventually fight for a 3rd time is seriously so low, I just still think the UFC messed up by rushing to the rubber match, when barring some sort of freak career ending injury, they were literally in ZERO danger of somehow forever losing that fight...

THE DRAFT ONE AD, HE SLIPPED ON IT.

omg, don't bring back the memories.

He slipped on that ad like 2 or 3 times in the same sequence.

Back