Fedor vs Barnett will never happen

CinemaKingdom

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
One of the match ups people wanted to see on the Fedor retirement tour was Josh Barnett.

Barnett first turned down a fight against Fedor in Pride, and opted to fight Big Nog again instead. This is why Fedor fought Mark Hunt instead (Hunt was in the top 10 and available).

Barnett next was scheduled to fight Fedor at Affliction 3, but failed his steroid test just days before the fight.

The match I had seen people wanting for Fedor more than any in Bellator was against Barnett, and it seemed likely that might happen if Barnett won his next fight. But now that Barnett failed his 5th PED test, this fight will never happen.

So with that off the table, who do you want to see Fedor fight in his last two?

Wait! Josh failed another test? Without USADA involved? Damn that's rough.

Yup, failed another one. I know Machida wanted to fight Fedor when he originally came to Bellator. They are my two favorite fighters so I would kind of hate it but also kind of love it lol.

PEDnett doesn't deserve to ever fight Fedor
[<diva4}

PEDnett doesn't deserve to ever fight Fedor
[<diva4}

Agreed at this point. The time to make the fight was when he was offered it in Pride, but he turned it down and lost to Big Nog instead. I'm just curious who Fedor will fight in his last two. It should be name guys/legend fights. I don't want to see him fighting guys like javy ayala. I would be up for a Bigfoot rematch just because that is one of the guys who beat him he could beat, especially now that Barnett is off the table.

Im glad it's not happening. I feel like he would murder Fedor at this point and I dont like seeing that happen to my favorite fighter

I’d prefer Mitrione, and a rematch with Bigfoot if Bellator will sign him (even for a 1 or 2 fight deal).
I’d be cool with Roy Nelson.

It's obviously destined to never happen. And who would really want to see that fight at this stage? Barnett the roids machine doesn't deserve to fight Fedor. He doesn't deserve to be in the same room with Fedor. How much more in the same cage/ring?

Barnett is old too, he might never fight again depending on how long the suspension is

Back