• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fedor has fought more current top 10 HWs than Cain

FedorsonRua

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Funny how Werdum/Mark Hunt/Arlovski outlasted "new breed" of Carwin+Brock+Todd Duffee.

Would've fought Barnett too so that'd have made Fedor fight 5 of the top 10 HWs in 2014.

And people say Fedor never fought top competition?!?!

Edit: Updated title. Thanks for pointing this out, it's an even better statement.

Fedor has fought more current top-10 HWs than Cain has lmao

Last edited:
Rankings don't matter

Also, whoever says Fedor didn't fight top competition is an idiot

Last edited:
It's not a surprise to me, Fedor retired a bit on the early side early for a high-level MMAer, and a lot of them are still going.

Well Todd Duffee is still fighting and I don't recall him being called the new breed plus the only actually elite fighter you listed IMO is werdum who he lost to

So Fedor was ducking Todd Duffee? Duffee was a top HW?

Fedor fans never cease to amaze. Let the man enjoy his retirement in peace.

Funny how Werdum/Mark Hunt/Arlovski outlasted "new breed" of Carwin+Brock+Todd Duffee.

Would've fought Barnett too so that'd have made Fedor fight 5 of the top 10 HWs in 2014.

And people say Fedor never fought top competition?!?!

He fought Bigfoot too.....and lost.

Well he lost to Werdum and Bigfoot, so I can't tell if you're for or against Fedor's legacy.

Rankings don't matter

Also, whoever says Fedor didn't fight top competition is an idiot

I know right!

There is ONLY one fighter that has proven his worth in about 30 fights, that has only been stopped by one doctor.

There is only ONE fighter that has beaten:

5 different X UFC champions
Coleman
Randleman
Sylvia
Nog
Arlovski

4 kick boxing champions
Schilt
Hunt
Goodridge
HMC

7 different MMA champions
Coleman
Randleman
Sylvia
Nog
Goodridge
Mirko
Arlovski

2 silver olympic medalist
Lindland
Ogawa

1 ADCC open weight champion
Arona

Won the combat sambo gold in Russia on 2-21-09, defeating 3 players in 1 minute.

There is only 1 fighter that has gone 30+ fights that has

- Never knocked down by any type of strike.
- Never lost a decision.
- Never been sub'd
- Never been knocked out

Only one fighter that has ever won 5 different mma championships.
- Wamma HW belt
- Pride HW belt
- Pride Grand Prix tournament
- Rings king of kings tournament
- Rings world class tournament

All while finishing 76% of his opponents.
A 26 fight win streak
With 22 victories in the first round
5 victories in the first minute
12 victories in the first 2 minutes
Lowest strikes absorbed per minute, percentage out of any fighter with at least 10 fights at .59

No other fighter in all MMA has any where near the list of accomplishments.

Mind you Fedor did this while being injured 2 times due to injuries he sustained to his hand during a fight. And while top fighters backed out of fights. One of which back out on multiple occasions. (Barnett)

Nice try though.

Well he lost to Werdum and Bigfoot, so I can't tell if you're for or against Fedor's legacy.

The point is he fought top competition. He was lined up to fight Barnett - so that's half of 2014's top HWs that Fedor would have fought. People talk about him not fighting the guys in the UFC.. well half of the top 10 *now* he fought.

He fought Bigfoot too.....and lost.

Yea and what was that? A doctor stoppage? And last I remembered Mark Hunt went to war with Bigfoot and got submitted by Fedor. Arvoloski knocked out Bigfoot but was knocked out by Fedor when Arvolski was at his prime. The guy beat former UFC HW champs not just in Arvolski but a lot of others, if you believe Fedor would not have been champ in UFC then you have ignorance issues son. Also Fedor wasn't even at his prime when he fought Bigfoot, Bigfoot was also on TRT, Fedor was also a LHW fighting HW's which makes him that much better and lastly the fight was a doctor stoppage, Fedor wasn't finished. His loss to Werdum was against an elite submission artist and his loss to Hendo was against an elite KO artist. He only lost to the best of the best and beat the best of the best especially at a time when Pride had the best fighters around the world. Its funny cause no matter what idiots on these forums may say people who are actually in MMA will constantly praise Fedor for being one of the best of all time including Anderson Silva and GSP. None of that changes even if a fickle minded fan on an internet forum says so. These new fans just look for name recognition that they know NOW from UFC but never actually watched MMA in the past and the level of fighters they had.

Last edited:
Fedor has fought more current top-10 HWs than Cain has lmao

Yea and what was that? A doctor stoppage? And last I remembered Mark Hunt went to war with Bigfoot and got submitted by Fedor. Arvoloski knocked out Bigfoot but was knocked out by Fedor at his prime. Also Fedor wasn't even at his prime when he fought Bigfoot, Bigfoot was on TRT, Fedor was also a LHW fighting HW's which makes him that much better and lastly the fight was a doctor stoppage, Fedor wasn't finished. His loss to Werdum was against an elite submission artist and his loss to Hendo was against an elite KO artist. He lost to the best of the best and beat the best of the best at a time when Pride had the best fighters around the world. Its funny cause no matter what idiots on these forums may say people who are actually in MMA will constantly praise Fedor for being one of the best of all time including Anderson Silva and GSP. None of that changes even if a fickle minded fan on an internet forum says so.

SppnU5Y.jpg

I know right!

There is ONLY one fighter that has proven his worth in about 30 fights, that has only been stopped by one doctor.

There is only ONE fighter that has beaten:

5 different (Former) UFC champions
Coleman
Randleman
Sylvia
Nog
Arlovski

Kind of the first clue there of overwhelming bias / stupidity. Hint: Former champion or interim champion doesn't mean a whole lot. Especially when they've left or been booted from the org they won the belt in ages before.

Back