Fedor fought cans false Narrative

Rogerdraven

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
After asking Fedor haters to list all of the "Cans" he fought during his career, and never having them respond because they realize it's a false narrative, I finally saw one attempt to list his "cans"...and it's laughable. Here is what he said:

"Here's a list of the cans Fedor beat during his streak:

1. Mihail Apostolov. MMA Record: 0-1

2. Kerry Schall. MMA Record: 23-13

3. Ryushi Yanagisawa. MMA Record: 24-25

4. Lee Hasdell. MMA Record: 13-16

5. Chris Haseman. MMA Record: 20-17

6. Egidijus Valavičius. MMA Record: 29-11

7. Yuji Nagata. MMA Record: 0-2

8. Zuluzinho. MMA Record: 11-8

9. Hong-man Choi. MMA Record: 4-4

So baring this list in mind 33% of Fedor's vaunted winning streak consisted of cans!"

This would still leave Fedor with a record of 27-4, which is amazing, but when you actually look at the fighters he listed, it's a pathetic attempt at Fedor hating. He listed 9 "cans" on Fedor's record and 5 of them were in his first 11 fights lol. Every beginner fights other unknowns to make a name for themselves. Then he went to Pride and after that time only fought 4 "Cans". So in reality, out of his 36 wins, he fought 4 "cans". He also listed their records now, not what their records were when Fedor fought them, to try and make it seem worse (typical deceitfulness from a Fedor hater). It should also be noted that 7 of the 9 guys listed, Fedor fought in the first 3.5 years of his career.

Now let's look at their records when Fedor fought them, and why he fought them:

Hong-man Choi was 1-0 in MMA and 12-4 in kickboxing when Fedor fought him. He is also 7'1 and 350lbs. It was a freakshow fight on NYE as everyone knows but he was still dangerous at the time.

Zuluzinho was 7-0 in MMA when Fedor fought him. He is also 6'7 390lbs. Another guy dangerous for his size, undefeated and a freakshow match on NYE once again.

Yuji Nagata a 240lbs Japanese pro-wrestler. Another freakshow fight on NYE and made for the Japanese crowd. Was 0-1 in MMA, losing only to Cro Cop.

Egidijus Valavičius 4-2 when he fought Fedor, Fedor just won the Pride HW title 3 weeks before. It's a payday fight in another org, between his Pride fights.

tl:dr

Silva is GOAT, get over it.

Discrediting Fedor is a cottage industry around here.

I just shrug it off.

I just shrug it off.

I see this idiocy daily around here, so I decided to take the time to destroy it with actual facts. If anyone runs into this nonsense again you can just copy and paste if you like. The only thing I didn't do was go through the 5 guys Fedor fought in his first 11 fights and list their records at the time Fedor fought them. Didn't feel it was necessary, but could be done if someone wanted to.

If anyone runs into this nonsense again you can just copy and paste if you like.

Kenny_Florian_.jpg

Just here to throw my hat in.
I think its telling that most Fedor fans, and most of those who see him as the GOAT, have been fans of the sport much longer than those who discredit him or claim he beat cans. There are some long term fans who discredit Fedor, but they are very few in comparison.

I can see the argument for guys like Bones, Anderson, or GSP. You have to be pretty dumb, though, to think Fedor isnt at least on par with that group.

events

Not fighters

Yes, and that word also applies to "UFC", so dont you dare discuss UFC fighters in this forum either. lol
It doesnt say "Discuss UFC events or fighters, former WEC and former Pride events here"
Herp derp

Yes, and that word also applies to "UFC", so dont you dare discuss UFC fighters in this forum either. lol
It doesnt say "Discuss UFC events or fighters, former WEC and former Pride events here"
Herp derp

No dude

Cause its called UFC discussion

Derp

well when fedor fans try to argue for weeks that he beat maldonado it kinda makes it hard to take you all seriously

No dude

Cause its called UFC discussion

Derp

maybe you dont understand how these things work. If the title was supposed to be clarification enough that all UFC stuff was included, the description below wouldnt even mention it. Instead, the subtitle was meant to describe all included media. Its standard writing procedure when there is a subtitle.

The primary discussion here is his fights IN PRIDE, which is clearly in the subtitle.

Last edited:

I just shrug it off.

So is riding his dick here, so it all balances out. To be honest the only really I don't like Fedor is his dick riding fanboys. I always enjoyed Fedors losses more than I should because of the crying and despair I know it induced in them.

It's hard to argue that during his streak Fedor was fighting against many opponents that he had no business fighting.

Back