Fedor Emelianenko | A Career Analysis (Video Essay)

Quiet down piss belt. 1-4 Jones, GSP, DC, Anderson … rest of them

GSP already said that Steroids cheaters ain´t GOATs.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/9/...pasts-should-be-removed-from-goat-discussions

QVVX9zh.gif

<mma1><6>

Last edited:
Really wish we could have seen a DC v Prime Fedor fight. Honestly the way the UFC HW division is right now current Fedor vs DC would be better than Lewis vs DC was

Really wish we could have seen a DC v Prime Fedor fight. Honestly the way the UFC HW division is right now current Fedor vs DC would be better than Lewis vs DC was
Fedor can still beat him

If he isn't your #1 GHWOAT, you're wrong.

If he isn't in your top 3 GOAT, you're wrong.
<Fedor23>

>starts out saying it's controversial

It's not, He's the GOAT.

It's like when I heard Rogan say "Fedor is arguably the greatest HW..." and i was done.

Yea and giraffes are arguably pretty fucking tall Joe.

I highly doubt that's possible unless Cormier falls off a cliff.

I think Fedor can beat Cormier grappling, or at least nullify it. I think DC is much fresher and not nearly as war torn as Fedor on the feet though. If they both have to weather a storm, I think DC can weather it much better.

I think he would without a doubt be considered GOAT if he retired after the silva or werdum fights. But the fact that he has fought on for so long - and lost fights many though he should have won. Taints his GOAT status.
That is the only reason it is controversial.
If Jones loses to Gus, then loses to DC - people will call him a can crusher.
is normal when people lose a few....

I still haven't watched the full vid but I want to say something; I'm really glad you mentioned Semmy Schilt and I feel bad for not bringing him up in other convos.
Before I even first bothered with mma I was into K1 and I still remember disliking Schilt, thinking how unfair the fights were for his opponents. An extremely difficult and dangerous opponent with a size that gave him great advantages in punching but also kneeing. Maybe some people don't realize how easy is to knee someone in the face when the size difference is that much and....do I really have to say how devastating knees to the head are? Then you have his achievements for which I don't need to say anything, they speak for themselves.

One more thing; In Pride the rules were more dynamic with soccer kicks, stomps and knees to a downed opponent. Mistakes were quickly punished. Fighters couldn't kneel, turn their lowered head towards their opponent and be protected by the rules.

We can keep talking and talking about it but it doesn't matter for the few so I'll just say this: The UFC machine keeps trying to put Fedor down while talking up their own fighters and still Fedor is considered the GOAT.

I appreciate that you made this video btw. Off to watch the rest of it now.

I think he would without a doubt be considered GOAT if he retired after the silva or werdum fights. But the fact that he has fought on for so long - and lost fights many though he should have won. Taints his GOAT status.
That is the only reason it is controversial.
If Jones loses to Gus, then loses to DC - people will call him a can crusher.
is normal when people lose a few....

Can't deny that his legacy has been tainted a little bit.

But the majority still consider him the GOAT so i think people who get MMA know he was way past his prime and those losses should not take too much away from the legacy he had already created.

Like Ali in boxing, or RJJ. Yea they looked pretty bad in their last few fights but how much does that really count if you're being honest.

TS, about the vid: You really need to be careful about the sound. Your voice is relatively low and the music, compared to that, is quite loud. Also, try to speak just a lil bit slower when it's about stats and what-not. At least for me, not being a native english speaker, it can get a bit tough to follow. Other than that, it's good and you make some good points.
Make sure you have a backup of it though in case the UFC takes your video down.

Can't deny that his legacy has been tainted a little bit.

But the majority still consider him the GOAT so i think people who get MMA know he was way past his prime and those losses should not take too much away from the legacy he had already created.

Like Ali in boxing, or RJJ. Yea they looked pretty bad in their last few fights but how much does that really count if you're being honest.
And it's not only about the prime of a fighter either. Whom you fight, how you fight, when you fight, where you fight.
Records are misleading and I can bring examples but I can't bother with people who might want to start an argument, refusing to accept reality.

Stories cool bro but it’s impossible to pop when you are never tested in MMA…therefore my top 4 still stands piss belt!

Fedor and GSP were tested in MMA.

also, nobody care about your top 4. GSP has spoken, respect your goat.

Fedor is GOAT. GSP is second.

Stories cool bro but it’s impossible to pop when you are never tested in MMA…therefore my top 4 still stands piss belt!
imagine bragging about your fake colored belt on sherdog dot com

Really like this commentary if you have an account here well done to you.

i think there was already a thread on this video. good analysis.

This is still my boy

Back