• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FEAR The Walking Dead: Season 4 Discussion

I'm not sure which was worse, the ending or that awful campfire song.
The campfire song was bad, but the ending was something else. Im confused about the direction of the show. I'm not 100% sold Madison is dead.

You know you have a problem when you type Madison and ivy is in the keyboard suggestion bar.

The campfire song was bad, but the ending was something else. Im confused about the direction of the show. I'm not 100% sold Madison is dead.

You know you have a problem when you type Madison and ivy is in the keyboard suggestion bar.
Yeah, Madison will probably be alive.

I don't get how the entire caravan ended up dead, those people can't drive?
And lol @ the Madison Ivy suggestion.

Gotta love the cheap budget cut option Gimple decided to sign off on for that anticlimactic ending lol guess Morgans salary over shadowed a grand finale lol

Gotta love the cheap budget cut option Gimple decided to sign off on for that anticlimactic ending lol guess Morgans salary over shadowed a grand finale lol
This half season might as well not have happened, all we got is a dead Nick and supposedly dead Madison. That could have been covered in one episode -- the aftermath of the dam breaking.

The potential for this season was unlimited. I thought it was going to be great. I haven't been this disappointed with tv since Deadwood and Rome were cutoff.

The potential for this season was unlimited. I thought it was going to be great. I haven't been this disappointed with tv since Deadwood and Rome were cutoff.

I am so confused with the writing in this season regarding the aftermath of the Dam. Strand had 2 or 3 forced exposition scenes where he talks about how Madison saved him and also saved Nick and Luciana and then Alicia. The writers made it seem Madison searched and rescued each of them after the Dam at different times....but then last night, they made it seem as if Madison was the only one separated from the group and then, after meeting Al, Madison finds everyone together by simply calling on the radio each time she stopped at a hotel with a vehicle? Talk about writing by committee and totally forgetting what had been established in previous episodes. Sloppy as hell.

They had so much good stuff they could have expanded on after the Dam explosion...but I guess Gimple decided to forgo an actual decent season and use Season 4 instead as a way to force transition FTWD into TWD.

I'm not sure which was worse, the ending or that awful campfire song.

The whole thing was awful...

- from the obvious budget cut where they couldn't even show the ending and instead had that horribly edited montage with the shitty multi narrations...
- to expecting us to believe that a caravan of people escaping from the stadium in vehicles were somehow just massacred by slow ass zombies - what a great excuse to use to off all of them without having to try...
- to the completely forgetting established storylines regarding how Madison found the rest...
- to ending with the campfire singalong, eating noodles with a manipulative backstabbing little girl who just killed your brother/lover/friend in cold blood; mind you - this was after the little bitch knew what Mel's brother did to stadium; was supposedly sympathetic and against what the brother did to Madison and Co, and still kills Nick in cold blood, defending said piece of shit brother.

Absolutely pathetic.

Last edited:
This has been a strange season. No Blades, no bikers, and apparently they are far away from the West Coast. Looks like they will all be moving east, and joining TWD.

Well that was a pretty weak, underwhelming finale. I've been enjoying the season for the most part, and I didn't mind the multiple timelines, until this episode - because they didn't end up leading anywhere. I thought there was going to be a purpose revealed, but there wasn't.

For example, killing Nick in episode 3, then having him back for all the old timeline stuff, I thought was interesting; it gave a show an opportunity to almost kill a character twice: once in his actual death, but then again in a sense when the last scene of the last episode would be the last you saw of him. But there wasn't any kind of big Nick moment this episode, so that was a complete waste.

Then there was Madison, whose death if that's what it was, was completely stupid and without impact. They tried to make it into this big Hodor moment for her, but all the slow-motion and showing people crying doesn't make a great scene, when the rest of it makes no sense. She gets a headstart into a fucking giant stadium, and you're telling me there are no rooms she can barricade herself inside? She has to just stand there in the main part hanging out with the collecting zombies? Retarded.

I guess my favorite part of this season was the solo John Dorie episode. I don't think it was a terrible season, but it had some bad moments, and unfortunately the finale was maybe the weakest episode.

I just don't see how much longer this current cast can keep this show going. Madison was kinda the last hope I had. When Nick died, this show may gave died.

Biggest mistake this show has made was killing off Troy. Though they made his character unsalvageable, he was excellent in my opinion. He could have filled a void in this current cast.

Dude what the heck are you talking about, that was one of the best parts of the season. Madison killed him out of nowhere, and it was satisfying because as a viewer, it was like 'when is someone gonna just kill this guy already'.

Looking back on this season. The slowest episode revolving around John Dorie was the best episode. I'm surprised these idiots didn't Kil him off last night.

Dude what the heck are you talking about, that was one of the best parts of the season. Madison killed him out of nowhere, and it was satisfying because as a viewer, it was like 'when is someone gonna just kill this guy already'.
What I mean is there is how a major character void with Nick gone. If they knew Nick was leaving, they couldn't changed the storyline of Troy.

In terms of character development. The show is in a way making you dislike the core group. Alicia is almost unbearable at this point. Luciana is a waste, they've abused the June runs away theme, morgan is boring as Morgan, strand needs a big push, John Dorie is the only likeable one.

I enjoyed Troys character and didn't feel they needed to go the way they did with him.

Lol wtf was up with that weak ass song at the end.
was that Scott Gimple singing? Sounded like a nerd who cant sing

So is madison really dead? I have a feeling they are pulling another salazar, when he was engulf by burning zombies

So is madison really dead? I have a feeling they are pulling another salazar, when he was engulf by burning zombies
Salazar should return next season and murder the entire cast besides John Dorie, then we can start over.

I am so confused with the writing in this season regarding the aftermath of the Dam. Strand had 2 or 3 forced exposition scenes where he talks about how Madison saved him and also saved Nick and Luciana and then Alicia. The writers made it seem Madison searched and rescued each of them after the Dam at different times....but then last night, they made it seem as if Madison was the only one separated from the group and then, after meeting Al, Madison finds everyone together by simply calling on the radio each time she stopped at a hotel with a vehicle? Talk about writing by committee and totally forgetting what had been established in previous episodes. Sloppy as hell.

They had so much good stuff they could have expanded on after the Dam explosion...but I guess Gimple decided to forgo an actual decent season and use Season 4 instead as a way to force transition FTWD into TWD.

The whole thing was awful...

- from the obvious budget cut where they couldn't even show the ending and instead had that horribly edited montage with the shitty multi narrations...
- to expecting us to believe that a caravan of people escaping from the stadium in vehicles were somehow just massacred by slow ass zombies - what a great excuse to use to off all of them without having to try...
- to the completely forgetting established storylines regarding how Madison found the rest...
- to ending with the campfire singalong, eating noodles with a manipulative backstabbing little girl who just killed your brother/lover/friend in cold blood; mind you - this was after the little bitch knew what Mel's brother did to stadium; was supposedly sympathetic and against what the brother did to Madison and Co, and still kills Nick in cold blood, defending said piece of shit brother.

Absolutely pathetic.
That episode was obviously a reshoot, it looked like it was rushed and poorly edited, maybe this is when Nick decided he wanted off the show while filming and they had to rewrite everything.

What I mean is there is how a major character void with Nick gone. If they knew Nick was leaving, they couldn't changed the storyline of Troy.

In terms of character development. The show is in a way making you dislike the core group. Alicia is almost unbearable at this point. Luciana is a waste, they've abused the June runs away theme, morgan is boring as Morgan, strand needs a big push, John Dorie is the only likeable one.

I enjoyed Troys character and didn't feel they needed to go the way they did with him.

I agree with you that Dorie is the only flat-out likeable character left. Strand is okay, Morgan is okay, Alicia is horrible. The videographer chick is terrible. In general btw, I am getting really sick of cool hair in the apocalypse. No one is hitting the salon every week to keep their 'do freshly dyed & styled. It stands out more with the women, and it looks ridiculous, kills the vibe the show is going for.

<36>

latest

Salazar should return next season and murder the entire cast besides John Dorie, then we can start over.

Salazar is the best loved character of the Series he may even have surpassed Rick and Negan in Season 3.

But if its Gimple writing I rather not have his character buchred

i was hoping the show wasn't gonna kill off Chris and instead have Salazar find him (maybe along with another new character), kill the 2 dudes who were about to kill Chris and have a storyline revolve around Chris and Salazar; have them form a dynamic like Dexter/Harry Morgan; where Salazar teaches Chris to channel his homicidal tendencies into better uses.

They included her in that cheesy little sendoff section they do on Talking Dead. Unless they did that for Blades and I just don't remember, I don't think they've pulled a swerve like that with a character yet.

Back