• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fear of heights

Robocok

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Who else has this fear? I dreamt of falling to death many times, sometimes waking with a body jerk spasm as I'm about to hit.

Saw this film for the first time a couple nights ago and by the end of the scene I was really sweating. It's not technically accurate but it still conveys the intensity of the situation imo.

That made me curious to listen to real cvr black box recordings. This one chills my blood. You can feel the raw primal fear in the scream of the pilot as he realizes death is certain.

Scared as fuck of heights. Can't stand those youtube vids of the radio tower workers. Shit makes me sick to my stomach. No fucking way am I listening to those videos you posted

Only ledges. If im climbing something I dont seem to give a fuck. But ledges of mountains and buildings i always fear ill slip or the earth will shake and toss my ass off of the edge for every one else's betterment lmao

Oh god, me. Bridges with deep water under are the worst for me.

You guys hear of that guy who fell off the side of the Grand Canyon the other day, something like 1000ft...

They had to use a helicopter to retrieve his body..

Only in planes or something not attached to the ground. I've lived on 30th floors with my bed next to a big window and i was fine.

I guess i dont trust machines or people to keep me safe when im 30000 feet in the air.

Used to be afraid of heights as a kid: ladders, mountain top ranger stations, escalators, etc would make me panic.

But, in high school, I started jumping off the quarries in my town during summer days. That seemwd to lessen my fear of heights.

I dont even like looking down at my own feet bros.

Fell out of a tree when I was 5, its wired in me to be a pussy around heights. First time playing assasins creed my stomach did a turn when it made me jump off.

DearSmoggyBighornsheep-size_restricted.gif

Man, fuck airplanes. Flying has to be the most unnatural felling ever. I used to have to fly a lot for work and I would always get the shits and start sweating really bad before getting on. While on I would hold onto the seat in front of me with a death grip. After a few flights like this I decided to do some research on turbulence and just flying in general hoping that if I knew what was going on it would ease my mind. In a way it did cause I knew what caused turbulence, then I read about clear air turbulence. From what I remember, that's the shit you can't track and if its bad enough it can knock your plane outta the air. To end on a positive note, if an airplanes engine give out at 36,000ft the plane can glide for like 30min. You may get banged up but won't die.

Man, fuck airplanes. Flying has to be the most unnatural felling ever. I used to have to fly a lot for work and I would always get the shits and start sweating really bad before getting on. While on I would hold onto the seat in front of me with a death grip. After a few flights like this I decided to do some research on turbulence and just flying in general hoping that if I knew what was going on it would ease my mind. In a way it did cause I knew what caused turbulence, then I read about clear air turbulence. From what I remember, that's the shit you can't track and if its bad enough it can knock your plane outta the air. To end on a positive note, if an airplanes engine give out at 36,000ft the plane can glide for like 30min. You may get banged up but won't die.

I think it being the safest form of travel is enough. Having a bath is way way higher risk.

Flying isn't the most unnatural feeling ever. Birds do it, bees do it. People have been flying before walking was a thing.

Not afraid of heights but hate flying, being in a building 7 miles in the air is not fucking natural, but I do it all the time
Just close my eyes and squeeeeeze

Woman I work with is terrified of heights but has no problem flying

Man, fuck airplanes. To end on a positive note, if an airplanes engine give out at 36,000ft the plane can glide for like 30min. You may get banged up but won't die.
Good thing it only takes 29 minutes to glide accross the atlantic ocean
<seedat>

Good thing it only takes 29 minutes to glide accross the atlantic ocean
<seedat>

It doesn't. But the ocean is, luckily, pretty flat. Actually the ocean is the flattest thing on earth. And landing on a flat surface is pretty easy.

The problem is that when you land, you're surrounded by water, and if you can't swim, you drown.

Planes and stuff like that don’t bother me, but I could never be an iron worker or do the shit @Rebelfett does. Makes my nuts tingle just looking at some of those pics.

Like this

No sir

To any Sherpussy that's afraid of heights, don't look here for a fight.
My uppercut will send you soaring into the night
<{UberTS}>

I've done some crazy shit like jump off fish ladders over ledges of rock below it into rivers and jumped off bridges and stuff. But I get vertigo watching like. Man on a wire or people fix lights in skyscraper towers. Fuck all that noise.

Watch that dude walk across the twin towers.
tenor (6).gif

Back