Favourite Hopkins fight?

Depends on how sarcastic one wants to be or how much one hates Bhop.

I'm pretty hit or miss with him, but I think the Tito win was my favourite win. He was a 3 to 1 underdog even though he was champ, but turned in a masterful performance.

When he turned back the clock against Pavlik. According to him it was his best performance at the time and I think it's still arguably the best of his career.

Edit. Here's the quote
"I could box another two to three years," Hopkins said. "I think this was my best performance -- better than Tarver, better than Trinidad, better than Oscar [De La Hoya]. I am extremely happy tonight. Ninety percent of the media picked Pavlik. I always appreciate naysayers. That is what motivates me -- when people are against me. I don't wish I was like that, but that's the way it is."
Ageless Hopkins puts on masterful performance against Pavlik

Last edited:
Enjoyed Trinidad, seeing Trinidad slowly crack then break is a little sad to watch.

Lipsey’s destruction was impressive as hell. So was the way Pavlik looked clueless.

As for competitive fights, Pascal 2 delivered.

That win over Tarver was really something special to watch. Not his best fight but, to come back, embarrass Tarver and take his title was big. Especially when he was supposed to be washed up.

I agree with the Joe Smith fight...
He probably looked his best vs Lipsey

Even though it started off pretty slow, I enjoyed Hopkins vs. Chad Dawson quite a bit as it got into the middle / late rounds. I was really glad Dawson won too. Hopkins’s Andre Dirrell level acting in the first Dawson fight really really had me rooting for Dawson in the rematch. Was so glad Dawson came through. My favorite Hopkins fight lol

Bernard gets hated for being black. Sad.
Yeah, it had nothing to do with him throwing the Puerto Rican flag to the ground or saying he’d never lose to a white boy, or when he talked shit about the Rocky Balboa statue in Philly, that it should have been him and not a fictional character.

Bernard gets hated for being black. Sad.

Nah, Bernard gets hated on for being a dick who puts constantly put his foot in his mouth. You can't just disrespect another countries flag, exclaim that you'd never let a "white boy" beat you, and stink the place up on more than one occasion, and expect to be beloved. He was undeniably a great boxer, an All-Time great, but rightfully never deserved to be a superstar. Only has himself to blame.

Pavlik. He was supposed to get rekt, but instead dominated.

Felix Trinidad was a master class.
Antwun Echols I was brutal and exciting and dirty as fuck.
Kelly Pavlik was another clinic...but it was a heart breaker for me, I was a huge Pavlik mark at the time. :(

Back