(4) 25th Hour
(5) The People vs. Larry Flynt
(6) The Italian Job
(7) The Illusionist
(8) Rounders
(9) The Score
(10) The Painted Veil
(butthumpinglast) The Incredible Hulk

People hate, but I loved the remake of The Italian Job. My favorite performance by him was in AHX, but my favorite movie is FC, so they share the top. 25th Hour is a better movie than Primal Fear, but I don't care, I love that movie, and I recommend it as a hidden gem from that period.

His best performance? American History X.

His best film? Fight Club.

fight club is the clockwork orange of our generation.

I agree with this statement.
My first thought was - no, it is more than that.
But this feeling in itself fulfills the zeitgeist it captured.
It is still relevant, but it is most definately a cultural snapshot who's impact and message is lost if you missed it at the time.

Remember the public outcry?
One film I vividly remember seeing in the cinema

I remember my first beer.
Oh, on behalf of SS, I'd be horribly remiss if I didn't mention that Moonrise Kingdom is missing from the list.

That film was Gold

Best Performance may be a different answer. Primal Fear is definitely a contender.

Death To Smoochy

death_to_smoochy001.jpg

Probably tie between Fight Club and 25th Hour. American History X is better, but kind of a pain to watch. Once or twice is enough. You can watch Fight Club and 25th Hour any number of times.

What's the film where he has twin brother?
that was fun

Death To Smoochy

death_to_smoochy001.jpg
Haha, holy shit, I forgot how amazing this movie was. I should check his IMDb to remember the other gems I'm forgetting. This is probably my #3 movie with him. Above Primal Fear. That's how much I loved it.

Fight club, then American History X.

Death to smoochy was ahead of its time. Waaayyy underated. Love that movie.

No, it was great fun but overrated. The Score's better than Fight Club.

American History X is fun but it's really an after school special. The plot is incredibly cliche and the ending is so contrived and cheesy. Don't get me wrong, I watch it when ever it's on cable but it's not close to the quality film that Fight Club is.

Can't believe Smoochy was left off the list. I'm calling werk on this shit.

Back