Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Robert De Niro - A Bronx Tale

• Michael Mann - Thief

• Adam McKay - Anchorman

• Total voters
I had no idea Shawshank Redemption was Darabonts first movie (I guess second if you consider TV movie). That sorta takes it by default.

Frank Darabont easily for me.

Even though I love 12 Angry Men a lot. The Shawshank Redemption should be in everyone top 5 list.

I was pretty amazed when I saw that JOHN WICK (2014) was Chad Stahelski's first movie. It looks so great & is so well put together

I was going to say Sofia Coppola’s Lost In Translation……

So tough as there are many genres represented, and some GOAT films. I think as a debut, "Who is this guy" man that was amazing kind of feeling goes to QT and Reservoir Dogs. The best film goes to Lumet's 12 Angry Men and Darabont's Shawshank.. The greatest Comedy is Terry's Minty Pythons Holy Grail. But there are several other films on this list i absolutely love.

Final Answer:
Frank Darabont's Shawshank Redemption. a 10/10 film.

Darabont’s Shawshank.

Clerks ?Kevin Smith IIRC was pretty damn good but not on the list.

84F1370AE8475BF719A938ED67D89F4D51668F00

There's tons of great choices but I would go with Night of the living dead. That movie put Zombies on the map. If it wasn't for that movie, I probably wouldn't got my favorite game Resident Evil

Tarantino's my favorite on that list (though Citizen Kane is the GOAT and it's fucking absurd that it was the 24-year-old Welles' first time at the plate coming over from theater and radio), but to show some love to a few not on the list, I also love John Huston debuting with the GOAT film noir, The Maltese Falcon; the great actor Charles Laughton directing only one film, the amazing The Night of the Hunter; Jean-Luc Godard debuting with one of the most influential films ever made, Breathless; Andrei Tarkovsky debuting with the phenomenal WWII film Ivan's Childhood; David Lynch debuting with Eraserhead, a movie so creepy and weird that it influenced the GOAT filmmaker Stanley Kubrick and his work on The Shining; the Coen brothers debuting with one of the GOAT neo-noir films, Blood Simple; and Jordan Peele debuting with one of the best horror films of the 21st Century, Get Out.

From the list its Pee Wee's Big Adventure or Boyz N The Hood but all time its Smokey And The Bandit which was Hal Needhams directorial debut, he later went on to direct Body Slam which is my all time favorite movie about pro rasslin

Back