Favorite War Room poster

After further consideration I may have been wrong earlier. The left is passionate about their anti-gun stance. It just comes in emotional spurts after some headline-grabbing crime that makes them happy to surrender each other's freedoms. Like conservatives have been doing with other rights ever since 7/11. :D

After further consideration I may have been wrong earlier. The left is passionate about their anti-gun stance. It just comes in emotional spurts after some headline-grabbing crime that makes them happy to surrender each other's freedoms. Like conservatives have been doing with other rights ever since 7/11. :D
Yep they will take any sort of "law " passed, just to ease their mind. Guy shoots a couple people with a shotgun....lets ban metal grips!!!!!!!

98% of gun murders are done with handguns, yet liberals want to ban everything that doesn't look like a handgun. OHHH noes, it has a long looking barrel, we must pass a law!!!

I never do these things because there's no way I could remember everyone I'd want to mention. Sometimes I get tired of the War Room and stay away for a good half year, but the level of intellectual discourse I see on Facebook drives me right back here. I appreciate getting a wide range of views on things (even from people I don't like) and I've made some RL friends on this site.

But mostly, I come here for @Leklok.
Same here. I only have one friend irl I can seriously talk about politics with for extended periods of time. I have maybe one or two others I can discuss politics with briefly every now and then but I only really get into it with that one friend.

Also how could I forget mah :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: sodapopinski in a favorite WR poster thread? I think we've had decent back and forth discussions before I drag it out into a quagmire of multi quotes.

Same here. I only have one friend irl I can seriously talk about politics with for extended periods of time. I have maybe one or two others I can discuss politics with briefly every now and then but I only really get into it with that one friend.

Also how could I forget mah :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: sodapopinski in a favorite WR poster thread? I think we've had decent back and forth discussions before I drag it out into a quagmire of multi quotes.
I've learned about Islam and Muslim culture through your posts (for instance, I thought birth control was standardized across Sunni Islam, but I was wrong). I never take anything too personal and there's basically only two or three people in the WR I don't like, so I appreciate the convos. It's always nice to learn something new from other posters.

Though you're dangerously close to being number four with all those multiquotes :mad:

Ummm, Miller doesn't contradict my statement and I'd like for you to please demonstrate that it does.

Scalia is right, Miller addressed what type of weapon could be owned. I said that. I also said that the takeaway is what wasn't argued. It was not argued that Miller did not have a fundamental right to own a weapon.

Can you please show me a case where SCOTUS ruled an individual did not have the right to own a gu
Dude, you said this: "And yes, there was an individual right as understood by the people and confirmed by SCOTUS via Miller."

That's just not true. The "as understood by the people" part I'm pretty sure had only to do with which weapons were in common use. Like Scalia said, that case did not speak to the deep constitutional issue, and it wasn't even used as a reason to create an individual right. Don't you think that if Miller were strong enough to establish an individual right, the court would have said so, rather than calling it "particularly wrongheaded" to read it for more than what it was?

You thought Mir was overrated, right?

You a betting man? You make out like a bandit on Hunto?

Mir was wildly overrated when people were trying to suggest he was one of the best HWs in the world (after his first win over Nog). That goes back to the MMA media's frustration with the state of the HW division (with most of the best HWs not in the UFC, which had almost all of the top fighters in every other division) as well as promotional propaganda. But I don't think that lasted too long. Mir opened at even odds against Nelson and closed as a slight favorite, which suggests that he was properly rated at that time. And obviously, after we saw the results of Mir vs. some of the guys I thought he'd lose to (Overeem, Barnett, and Cormier) and the success of guys like Werdum and AA, it's pretty clear in retrospect that Mir was a decent fighter but not one of the best HWs in the world. There are still some people who think that he's like a top-10 all-time HW, but I don't think that's a majority view or anything.

I did bet on Hunt, but not much. On the one hand, I didn't think Mir matched up well there, but on the other, I have very little confidence in Hunt against any decent fighter. Hunt was a slight favorite (-150 or something), which was appropriate.

Rip will be much more popular once his TBS/TNT comedy is finally released. "RIPS CLASSROOM" is gonna be a huge hit.

It will be on after Franlkin and Bash or possibly after Rizzoli & Isles. The executives wanna find the perfect sweet spot for his show.

Episode 1: flat earth, titled "not only is my head flat"
Episode 2: CO2/climate change, titled "dry me a river"
Episode 3: Nephilim, titled "Satan Satan everywhere, even in my underwear"
Episode 4: tram gender bathroom, titled "we're not in Kansas anymore"

This deserved more love

Mir was wildly overrated when people were trying to suggest he was one of the best HWs in the world (after his first win over Nog). That goes back to the MMA media's frustration with the state of the HW division (with most of the best HWs not in the UFC, which had almost all of the top fighters in every other division) as well as promotional propaganda. But I don't think that lasted too long. Mir opened at even odds against Nelson and closed as a slight favorite, which suggests that he was properly rated at that time. And obviously, after we saw the results of Mir vs. some of the guys I thought he'd lose to (Overeem, Barnett, and Cormier) and the success of guys like Werdum and AA, it's pretty clear in retrospect that Mir was a decent fighter but not one of the best HWs in the world. There are still some people who think that he's like a top-10 all-time HW, but I don't think that's a majority view or anything.

I did bet on Hunt, but not much. On the one hand, I didn't think Mir matched up well there, but on the other, I have very little confidence in Hunt against any decent fighter. Hunt was a slight favorite (-150 or something), which was appropriate.

You tore up the heavyweights back in 2008 and 2009 during that period. Was great to watch.

You tore up the heavyweights back in 2008 and 2009 during that period. Was great to watch.

According to Anung's theory, it was all about infiltrating the site so I could pull off my work as a secret agent for Clinton in the 2016 campaign, but thanks anyway. :)

I love when simple jackbot pretends that he isn't the biggest clintoon supporter in the WR

I'm with you on this one.

I can't remember the ref of the Nog fight, pretty sure it was Big John, but I thought when he warned Nog about hitting to the back of the head, the whole fight changed in Mir's favour. He was on the brink of defeat there. As a Big Nog fan, that one hurt.

IIRC, Hunt closed at -120, which meant that people were still betting Mir. For what reason, I have no idea. I saw a couple of people clean up on that one. From now on, I think Mir's odds will reflect reality more than before.

I love when simple jackbot pretends that he isn't the biggest clintoon supporter in the WR

That would be @SouthoftheAndes.

Jack gets noticed because he openly says that even if he does not love Clinton, she is the best remaining candidate. There are many who think the same, but somehow he gets identified with it.

Ted Cruz is the candidate for the armpit.

Donald Trump is the candidate for the gut.

Bernie Sanders is the candidate for the heart.

Hillary Clinton is the candidate for the brain.

I'm with you on this one.

I can't remember the ref of the Nog fight, pretty sure it was Big John, but I thought when he warned Nog about hitting to the back of the head, the whole fight changed in Mir's favour. He was on the brink of defeat there. As a Big Nog fan, that one hurt.

Talking about the first fight. After Mir won, you had people saying that he was the second-best HW in the world, even though he wasn't top 15 going into that fight. After he got destroyed by Lesnar, that should have clued people in that he wasn't one of the best HWs in the world, but instead it just got some people saying that Lesnar was the second-best (or best!) HW in the world and Mir was third. I think it's clear now what was going on, but a lot of people got swept up in the craziness and propaganda at the time.

IIRC, Hunt closed at -120, which meant that people were still betting Mir. For what reason, I have no idea. I saw a couple of people clean up on that one. From now on, I think Mir's odds will reflect reality more than before.

I don't know. Mir closed at +145 on Bovada against Duffee. Like I said, he was near even against Nelson. The odds have been right about him for a while now (and thus, he's not really overrated).

Jack gets noticed because he openly says that even if he does not love Clinton, she is the best remaining candidate. There are many who think the same, but somehow he gets identified with it.

Yep. It's just a childish kind of response to disagreement, similar to Kone thinking I had something personal against Mir because I didn't think he was as good as she thought he was (and if you look at her profile stuff--there's something odd going on there). In Anung's case, there's probably some deliberate deception going on there (he doesn't want to deal with my actual arguments so he lies about me personally or my positions).

Ted Cruz is the candidate for the armpit.

Donald Trump is the candidate for the gut.

Bernie Sanders is the candidate for the heart.

Hillary Clinton is the candidate for the brain.

GTFO out leben's born

Jackbot has a search set for when someone mentions clintoon so he can come in and white knight

He won't even have the decency to admit she is well known for her dishonesty

Talking about the first fight. After Mir won, you had people saying that he was the second-best HW in the world, even though he wasn't top 15 going into that fight. After he got destroyed by Lesnar, that should have clued people in that he wasn't one of the best HWs in the world, but instead it just got some people saying that Lesnar was the second-best (or best!) HW in the world and Mir was third. I think it's clear now what was going on, but a lot of people got swept up in the craziness and propaganda at the time.

I don't know. Mir closed at +145 on Bovada against Duffee. Like I said, he was near even against Nelson. The odds have been right about him for a while now (and thus, he's not really overrated).

People have never been able to judge a fight without being results-oriented, and that's why the odds for Mir were bloated for a couple of fights.

I think it's tempting to call Mir a top 10 of all time, but that's only until you start thinking of the HW throughout the years. He makes it on the top 25, imo.

People have never been able to judge a fight without being results-oriented, and that's why the odds for Mir were bloated for a couple of fights.

I think it's tempting to call Mir a top 10 of all time, but that's only until you start thinking of the HW throughout the years. He makes it on the top 25, imo.

I would put him comfortably in the top 25. Possibly top 15, depending on how much credit you give to longevity and consistency vs. peak ability. For example, I think both Miocic and Rodriguez at their best were/are better than Mir ever was, but you can argue that he's had a better career than them (though Miocic will eventually leave him in the dust).

Last edited:
I would put him comfortably in the top 25. Possibly top 15, depending on how much credit you get to longevity and consistency vs. peak ability. For example, I think both Miocic and Rodriguez at their best were/are better than Mir ever was, but you can argue that he's had a better career than them (though Miocic will eventually leave him in the dust).

If you remove legacy, he doesn't make top 15. If you include only skill, he may make 20. Imo.