Favorite UFC LHW title fight?

Jones shogun was fucking crazy. But machida shogun will always have a special place in my heart... Even though the decision was wack

Liddell/Couture III has to be up there, for its role in MMA history. The fact that it was the rubber match added an ineffable tension to the whole thing. Even as a PRIDE fanboy I remember having all the respect in the world for Couture, reading Sherdog play by play and wanting him to win so badly. It was sad that he lost but the fight was awesome and the whole event is worth rewatching. It really solidified that the Liddell era had begun.

JBJ vs Gustaffson was awesome. That has to be a top pick in this thread. I loved every second of that fight and I had sex with two different girls that day (two fives make a ten amirite) and the whole card was pretty damn good. Really a transcendent experience.

Shogun is my boy though, so when he KO'd Machida, especially after all the bullshit with the first fight's decision, the satisfaction was really special.

And on the other hand, Machida KOing Evans was definitely a great experience as well. I was a Machida fanboy at the time, so when he just dominated Rashad like that, hype was off the charts.

Someone mentioned Rampage vs Henderson, which has to be mentioned. It wasn't very eventful, but it was such a display of willpower from the undersized Hendo. The two belts on the line. And showing it to all of my high school friends because it was on free TV. That was an awesome day.

Jones vs Vitor has to get a nomination for the spectacle of it all and the near submission. The tension with a Vitor Belfort fight, however short-lived it is, is definitely worth celebrating.

I think everyone's favorite should be Ortiz/Liddell II. It was the biggest event the UFC had ever done. The rivalry, the animosity of it all was palpable. And that it gave us such a fucking sweet KO and put the stamp on the Ortiz/Liddell/Couture saga of MMA history... Damn.

My favorite ever will probably always be Rampage/Liddell II though. At the time, I was the biggest PRIDE lover ever; couldn't stand the UFC or their golden boy Liddell. Rampage coming in like he did, fresh off the FUCKING SICK Beastman KO, and then beating the brakes off Liddell was the most visceral, awesome time to be an MMA fan.

The top 5 for me would be

Shogun/Machida 1
Jones/Gus
Randy/Chuck 1
Shogun/Machida 2
Rampage/Hendo

Forrest vs rampage DID come to mind...both guys really had to gut it out,had the momentum shifts and the drama. Chuck vs randy fights were all high drama.

chuck vs tito II to me will always be titos best fight. He lost but he showed more toughness than he ever had.

Jones / Gus, it's prolly one of my fav fights of all time, not just at LHW.

The best fight for me was Jones/Gus! My favorite moment was Shogun winning the title!

Jones vs DC
Jones vs Gus
Machida vs Shogun I
Liddell vs Tito
Rampage vs Griffin

Jons vs Gus was the absolute apex of lhw mma. We were blessed with that fight

People forget how great Shogun/Machida I was because of the controversy over the decision.

Great, fight, great technique.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back