• Jungle Fever

• Clockers

• He Got Game

• The Original Kings of Comedy

• BlacKKKlansman

• Kobe Doin Work

• She's Gotta Have It

Results are only viewable after voting.
I always thought he did Higher Learning, but it looks like that was John Singleton.

Nothing. Guy is a hack who was praised for putting paper thin racial commentaries in his movies.

'Twas true, even before all this tension. He is "BLM: The Director".

I voted for Malcom X because of the history but I like many of his movies. One of my favorites is She's Gotta Have It (pretty sure that was his first feature).

Probably Do the Right Thing.

Ray Allen & the white chicks

<PandaHi75>

I've never been a basketball fan and I didn't realize Jesus was played by an actual player until I'd seen that film like a hundred times.

Had a couple of sneaky faps when he's banging those two pronstar college chicks (Was one of them Jenna Jameson? I remember one was a famous blonde pronstar (Which like with Ray Allen I only found out waay afterwards))

I need to revisit Clockers. Been way too long. I remember liking it, although it was a long time ago. Might not have seen it since the theater, actually. The book it’s based on is amazing btw. Kind of a precursor to The Wire. One of the same writers.

Probably a tie between Do The Right Thing and 25th Hour (which I think is an excellent and underseen/underappreciated film) for me.

But, looking at that list, he's made a lot of good ones.

I personally very much enjoy Malcolm X, Clockers, Inside Man, and Blackkklansman and wouldn't be surprised if those come up as choices for many.

25th hour is my pick.

So great. That ending sequence where Brian Cox narrates strikes me as a perfect ending to that film.

And it has so many great scenes prior to that. Pepper and Hoffman discussing the percentiles over dinner, Norton getting busted while with Rosario (sheeeeeit), Norton going back to his alma mater to see Hoffman, the tirade in the mirror at the bar- great scene after great scene.

And epic cast. Norton, Hoffman, Pepper, Rosario, Paquin, Cox, etc. all at the top of their game.

I need to revisit Clockers. Been way too long. I remember liking it, although it was a long time ago. Might not have seen it since the theater, actually. The book it’s based on is amazing btw. Kind of a precursor to The Wire. One of the same writers.

I think Scorsese was set to direct prior to Spike stepping in, no? It's really solid. Definitely give it another look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back