Favorite Sopranos Character

Oz wasn't even better for the one season it was good.
The Italian Mafia thing can get a bit boring. It is a matter of taste. Some people think terminator 2 is shit. I personally think that Terminator 2 is one of the greatest films of all time.

The Italian Mafia thing can get a bit boring. It is a matter of taste. Some people think terminator 2 is shit. I personally think that Terminator 2 is one of the greatest films of all time.
No, citing that familiarity breeds contempt offers no repudiation of objective quality, and the objective value of art isn't mutually exclusive to the subjective appreciation of it.

The Sopranos is a masterpiece. Oz was ultimately just another forgettable blip on the TV landscape. It's too bad, really, because it could have been so much more. But as the show progressed, every time they had an opportunity to take the higher road, developing richer characters, and offering a more substantial commentary on the American condition through the lens of our prison system, it instead chose to be a gruesomely violent revenge soap opera. It has a lot in common with the decline of The Walking Dead in its later seasons in that way.

I love the supporting cast on the show - Richie Aprile, Ralphie Cifaretto, Vito Spatafore, Phil Leotardo, Johhny Sacramone.

Reactions: Zer
No, citing that familiarity breeds contempt offers no repudiation of objective quality, and the objective value of art isn't mutually exclusive to the subjective appreciation of it.

The Sopranos is a masterpiece. Oz was ultimately just another forgettable blip on the TV landscape. It's too bad, really, because it could have been so much more. But as the show progressed, every time they had an opportunity to take the higher road, developing richer characters, and offering a more substantial commentary on the American condition through the lens of our prison system, it instead chose to be a gruesomely violent revenge soap opera. It has a lot in common with the decline of The Walking Dead in its later seasons in that way.
That was a very eloquent reply and it is clear that am dealing with a very educated poster. I have a bone on contention with Italian Mafia tv shows becouse I find Italians annoying. It is not a matter of race or culture. They just over do it a bit!

Agreed.

The Wire, Breaking Bad, and Sopranos are the trifecta of gangster shows. Then there is a looooooong ass drop off.

Furio. The best enforcer you could ask for.

AnotherUniqueBats-size_restricted.gif

@Goon Dog

Up in the club !!

Johnny Sac.

Ending still fucking sucked though.

<23>

Reactions: HHJ

I really liked Oz alot but it did run out of steam and even at its best it wasn't good as sopranos. No way.

I really liked Oz alot but it did run out of steam and even at its best it wasn't good as sopranos. No way.
Too much gay shit in oz, the ending was weird too like oh hey anthrax was on the news, let's just use that to end the show. Not random at all

Too much gay shit in oz, the ending was weird too like oh hey anthrax was on the news, let's just use that to end the show. Not random at all
Yeah it was just a mess and they just killed everyone off. Typical

I liked junior the most
He had the best lines and can make you feel strong feelings towards him, good and bad and sometimes empathy

I think it started going down the drain when they got rid of adibeesi
The point of no return was when Beecher killed the Nazi guard with his fingernails. I think that was early season 3.

Back