Favorite mix of spices in cooking

Jimmy Jazz

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
What I recently made that was a big hit was exotic spicy chicken tenders. I rub some olive oil on some raw cut up chicken, then add on chili powder,onion powder, garlic powder,salt,pepper,red pepper flakes and alot of tumeric. Recently I also got those premixed grill mates type stuff. Does anyone use stuff like that? I love premixed spices because it saves alot of work and they are really distinct tasting.

Salt. If I'm feeling really wild I may even combo it with pepper.

If I'm feeling like a down right lunatic, salt pepper and hot pepper flake

My shit is onion soup mix everything.

Kosher salt, quality curry powder, and togarashi is a great mix in the right ratio.

Za’atar is one I’ve been messing with recently.

img_3417.jpg

images

Garlic, ginger and chilis. Maybe onions as well. Salt and pepper's default. If they're not on my list, they're mostly sitiational.

Garlic-basil-lemon-s&p, Is probably my favorite.

Been making spicy chimichurri a lot lately.

There are so many tastes to enjoy, I'm still enjoying trying new and different herbs & spices.

Besides garlic, salt and pepper, cumin and paprika come to mind.

onion salt, cumin, coriander, parsley, oregano, paprika, or smoked paprika, chili powder. I think white pepper is underrated as opposed to black pepper and use it often.

I heard onion, garlic and soy sauce works well together.

What I recently made that was a big hit was exotic spicy chicken tenders. I rub some olive oil on some raw cut up chicken, then add on chili powder,onion powder, garlic powder,salt,pepper,red pepper flakes and alot of tumeric. Recently I also got those premixed grill mates type stuff. Does anyone use stuff like that? I love premixed spices because it saves alot of work and they are really distinct tasting.

What you've described is an extremely basic rub.

Anything except paprika. Fuck paprika.

Back