• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favorite Hot Sauce?!

I prefer Louisiana hot sauce like Crystal.

large_40d7c728-4349-4d5a-9bc8-c94c0759058d.jpg

I also like to use Trappey's Tabasco and take whole peppers and put them in certain foods like vegetable stew.

NF0497354L.jpg

widespread notoriety doesnt make it the best tasting.

its basically spicy vinegar.

its simple, its the original, it's not the best.

While I think Tabasco gets a bad rap I don't think it's the best. As for host sauces in the mass produced category I like valentinas, Frank's ,crystals, Tapatio and sriracha all better

Actually I really like the jalapeño Tabasco

Tabasco is shit.

Long live sriracha.

Tabasco would be GOAT if it was diluted with jalapenos and perhaps some cilantro and named something else.

It's okay on rare occasion. Generally I only have it if I'm having breakfast at a restaurant (which is rare) and I'm having hash browns (rarer) and Tabasco happens to be on the table (rarest).

Both Louisiana Brand and Crystal are better than Tabasco.

Its the best that I have tried but threre could be better.

Few hot sauces have the impact of Tabasco. It’s everywhere these days, so much so that it’s often available at restaurants right next to the other spice and condiment mainstays like salt, pepper, ketchup, and mustard. It literally makes everything taste so much better. It goes great with almost every kind of food. I can't say the same about Sriracha or Tapatio. If there were only one condiment that I had to live off of then Tabasco would be it.

No. Tabasco sucks, and I want to slap you for it.

It is a vinegar based hot sauce that has its place but there are many better ones. For example i wouldnt want anything else on here

28COOKING-EGGSBENEDICT1-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600.jpg

But there are many different types and flavors or hot sauces that work better in difference scenarios.

It's a fine sauce, probably best for eggs and what not. The wife prefers Frank's and puts it on everything. I prefer regional to what I'm cooking/eating: Crystal for fried stuff, Tapatio for Mex, etc

Tabasco is the ketchup of the hot sauce world or the Coors light of the beer world. Not great. Mostly watery and neutral which makes it palatable to most and thus good to give away on the table as a free staple.

It rates an 'ok' on the food scale from poor to great.

Tabasco was the GOAT. Unfortunately it's just not that spicy anymore. However, its still amazing for bland american breakfast food.

The Chipotle flavor is solid, but I don't necessarily want to add spicy vinegar to everything.

Not even close. It is great on some stuff. But Tapatio is the champ. Cholula is Tapatio's Jake LaMotta.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back