Favorite Flyweight Fights?

Natesblackshirt

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Personally, I think they almost all sucked. Being small and fast doesn’t make you exciting or mean you have extraordinary technique outside of the natural benefits of being a little guy. (faster)

So what were your favorite fights and moments in this soon to be dead division?

Most will probably say DJ armbarring that outmatched nobody who is also the only person Cejudo has finished in his entire career. (Wildon Rice)

only flw match i ever really remember watching was DJ/Dodson

That lil dagestani dude vs dj was pretty cool. Watching the dagestani guys grapple is always super interesting to me. Ive done bjj for three years and a little bit of sambo. The way they grapple and dominate and how different it is from bjj is always bad ass to see.

That lil dagestani dude vs dj was pretty cool. Watching the dagestani guys grapple is always super interesting to me. Ive done bjj for three years and a little bit of sambo. The way they grapple and dominate and how different it is from bjj is always bad ass to see.
Don't think he wanted an honest answer

Aleksandra Albu

Attachments

• 10505123_1398455613708486_7120437596289389387_o.jpg
    10505123_1398455613708486_7120437596289389387_o.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 5
First round of Mighty Mouse vs Tim Elliott was fun. That's about it.

I mean, really, how many FLW fights have there been?

I almost always enjoy Benavidez, Elliot and Dodson fights

<Fedor23>

I think so. It developed slowly, but the FlW division has the potential to be super solid right now. We just need Horiguchi and MM back, with them it would be one of the best divisions arguably. Reis and Cejudo changing styles to be more stand up oriented, and Formiga remembering he's a grappler has helped change some of the dynamics at the top of the division. Figueiredo, Pantoja, and Perez are all welcome additions to the top 10, they all have exciting styles. There's even guys like Brandon Moreno and Justin Scroggins (I know he's gone, but he could easily come back if the division is saved) outside the rankings with exciting styles. Tell me this isn't a stacked top 10 across all divisions?

1. Henry Cejudo
2. Mighty Mouse
3. Joseph Benavidez
4. Kyoji Horiguchi
5. Jussier Formiga
6. Deiveson Figueiredo
7. Ray Borg
8. Sergio Pettis
9. Dustin Ortiz
10. Alexandre Pantoja

Far cry from the days of guys like Chris Cariaso, Josh Sampo, and Darren Unyenoyama being ranked.

Damn didn't even mention Jon Dodson, who could very easily come back. Admittedly the division doesn't have a very rich history, but with its current depth, I think the division just developed slowly. With that kind of roster, I could easily see there being more exciting fights.

To answer your question as it currently stands, I can only remember two fights being standouts, and they both involve MM. MM x Jon Dodson and MM x Henry Cejudo ll where very solid fights by any measure.

MM-McCall 1 was entertaining, both for the fight itself and the inability to add scorecards correctly.

I've enjoyed watching many flyweight fights and fighters...Horiguchi, Moreno, Benavidez, MM, Deiveson etc. It's not my favorite division but it's still pretty decent.

@Nateblackshirt any fight with Sijara EuGOAT in it . Actually Cejudo is not even the #1 flyweight in the world neither will be TJ if he beats him , Sijara is the #1 FLW in the world men or women.
Sijara bless

DJ-Dodson 1 was a solid fight.

Back