Favorite/Best Technical fights

EJRMAN513

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
What are our favorite and in your opinion best technical fights in MMA?

Favorite - Martin Kampmann vs Rick Story: Kampmann had a more technically diverse stand up game and showed he had better wrestling, while Story used very good body shots. Very fun fight for people that understand technique

Best - Dominick Cruz vs Urijah Faber: Everything about this fight was just awesome, the striking and brief grappling exchanges and it wasn't even a huge brawlfest like Shogun/Hendo. It was 2 guys that showed off their skills in an epic 5 round war of atrition.

What do you guys think.

Saku v Newton reigns supreme forever. Fucking CLASSIC technical ground war if there ever was one.

In terms of technical fights, look at all of Jose Aldo's fights. He wears all his opponents down with leg kicks, mixes up his combinations, and is fluid and relaxed on the ground.

Saku/Newton is a terrible fight. Actually, it wasn't a terrible fight, because it wasn't even a fight at all.

Aldo/Hominick is an awesome scrap.

Saku/Newton is a terrible fight. Actually, it wasn't a terrible fight, because it wasn't even a fight at all.

Aldo/Hominick is an awesome scrap.

This post is terrible. :)

Surprised no one has mentioned Shogun v Machida 1.

Wiman/Sass was a pretty good technical fight. It showcased some good technical ground games.

Jones vs shogun.

Basically, it was Jones showing every offensive technique against a training dummy, only the dummy happened to be one of the greatest fighters of all time.

Didn't the not punch each other on purpose? That's ridiculous.

I like to think of it as though they both adhered to a gentlemen's agreement quite admirably. ;)

But in all seriousness, that's no different than two guys saying they want to keep it standing, or never shooting for a takedown.

Saku v Newton reigns supreme forever. Fucking CLASSIC technical ground war if there ever was one.

This is one I was going to say...I'll have to also recommend Luiz Azeredo vs Luiz Buscape. Probably the two greatest ground fights in MMA history.

fryevtakayama.gif

Back