Fatty needs some help !

Kyle Johnson

Amateur Fighter
@Blue
Reaction score
Heya guys, the time has come and i need to lose about 20-30 lbs, i'm at 220-230, so i can compete at a weight that fits my height ( 5'9). I have absolutely no clue on what a good diet would be made up of to lose weight and not lose my muscle mass. I have been eating two meals a day and supilemting my breakfast with a protein shake. I have lots of protein i just dont know when is the right time to take it. Any help would be greatly appriated. Help a fatty get down to 190! I dont mind trying anything as long as you guys think it may help. I exercize for about 3-5 hours daily includeing grappling, sparing, running and lifting. Thanks much guys

At what intensity do you exercise? It sounds like you are getting enough protein but what about the rest of your diet? I would go for 4 smaller meals a day and replace things like bread and pasta with fruit and vegetables. Also to lose 30 odd pounds is going to take some discomfort on your behalf. This means that at some point in the day you are going to have to go hungry. This does not mean you starve yourself, it just means that in your day your are hungry for a good hour or 2.

When it comes to exercise commit more time and effort into cardio and a little less effort onto weights. Just cut your weights back to the major important exercises like bench, squat, rows, shoulder press,etc and forget about the more cosmetic lifts. Remember Cardio burns alot more energy than lifting weights, and you want to fit in about 40 to 50 minutes of solid cardio about 4 to 6 days a week.

Sounds like you are on your way to getting to your gols with the training you are doing. I would suggest eating at min. your three meals. Breakfast is the most important by far. Taking protien after your workouts would benifit you most. If you take protien at anytime you don't want to miss it after your work out. The rest will come if you train hard.

Back