Father John Misty

Jumpy

Invincible
@Silver
Reaction score
2015FatherJohnMisty_Web_Glasto15_9548_DB270615.hero.jpg

What do you guys think of Father John Misty, Joshua Tillman? I definitely dig his music, the I Love You, Honeybear album hits me right in the feels. But the dude is a little weird and is not afraid to speak his mind. He spent a whole show talking about how the entertainment industry is fucked and played only a couple of songs.

I fucking love Father John, his music is great and I love his persona even if it's a little weird. Of course he was in Fleet Foxes for a bit who I love, but he's very different. Much more cynical and sarcastic, in a good way though. That's what I like about his lyrics, though I love Robin Pecknolds equally. Love the song I'm writing a novel where he details the ayhascua trip that made him change. I saw him last year and he was absolutely class. Good stage banter and played his best songs.

I'd like to see him live. He was in Atlanta this past April, but I hadn't checked him out at that point. His word play in the lyrics is soooo good, I'm smiling throughout entire songs. I haven't listened to Fleet Foxes before, I may give them a listen as well. I know he was the drummer for a little bit, so I figure it can't hurt to listen to FF.

I worked a Father John show a little over a year ago. Not my cup of tea but dude has some pipes, he sung his ass off at the show.

Back