FARGO Season 4 (Chris Rock to Star)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Chris Rock to Star in FARGO Season 4; Production to Begin in 2019

FsyOoei.jpg

Chris Rock has just booked his first TV series regular job in nearly a decade. The comedian, former Oscar host and actor has signed on to star in the officially greenlit fourth season of Noah Hawley's FX anthology Fargo.

The role marks his first full-time TV gig since UPN's Everybody Hates Chris. The role marks Rock's return to FX, who previously exec produced talk show Totally Biased With W. Kamau Bell.

"I’m a fan of Fargo and I can’t wait to work with Noah," Rock said.

In speaking with reporters Friday morning at TCA, FX CEO John Landgraf said Hawley was the one who reached out to Rock and the duo wound up having lunch during which time the showrunner explained what season four was and the actor "signed on right away."

Season four will tell a story of immigration and assimilation, and the things people do for money. In typical Fargo fashion, it's a story of decent people who are probably in over their heads. Production on season four will begin in 2019. A return date has not yet been determined.

Here's the official FX description: Season four of Fargo is set in 1950, at the end of two American migrations — that of Southern Europeans from countries like Italy, who came to the U.S. at the turn of the last century and settled in northern cities like New York and Chicago — and African-Americans who left the South in great numbers to escape Jim Crow and moved to those same cities — you saw a collision of outsiders, all fighting for a piece of the American dream. In Kansas City, Missouri, two criminal syndicates have struck an uneasy peace. One Italian, one African-American. Together they control an alternate economy — that of exploitation, graft and drugs. This too is the history of America. To cement their peace, the heads of both families have traded their eldest sons."

Rock will play the head of one family, a man who in order to prosper has surrendered his oldest boy to his enemy and who must in turn raise his son's enemy as his own. It’s an uneasy peace, but profitable. And then the head of the Kansas City mafia goes into the hospital for routine surgery and dies. And everything changes.

Chris Rock to Star in Noah Hawley's 'Fargo' Season 4; Production Will Begin in 2019

I am Jack's uncontrollable anticipation.

I love Fargo but each season it gets weirder. I expect Season 4 to be batshit crazy.

Will watch.

Chris Rock might be in something good for a change.

FsyOoei.jpg

Chris Rock has just booked his first TV series regular job in nearly a decade. The comedian, former Oscar host and actor has signed on to star in the officially greenlit fourth season of Noah Hawley's FX anthology Fargo.

The role marks his first full-time TV gig since UPN's Everybody Hates Chris. The role marks Rock's return to FX, who previously exec produced talk show Totally Biased With W. Kamau Bell.

In speaking with reporters Friday morning at TCA, FX CEO John Landgraf said Hawley was the one who reached out to Rock and the duo wound up having lunch during which time the showrunner explained what season four was and the actor "signed on right away."

Season four will tell a story of immigration and assimilation, and the things people do for money. In typical Fargo fashion, it's a story of decent people who are probably in over their heads. Production on season four will begin in 2019. A return date has not yet been determined.

Here's the official FX description: Season four of Fargo is set in 1950, at the end of two American migrations — that of Southern Europeans from countries like Italy, who came to the U.S. at the turn of the last century and settled in northern cities like New York and Chicago — and African-Americans who left the South in great numbers to escape Jim Crow and moved to those same cities — you saw a collision of outsiders, all fighting for a piece of the American dream. In Kansas City, Missouri, two criminal syndicates have struck an uneasy peace. One Italian, one African-American. Together they control an alternate economy — that of exploitation, graft and drugs. This too is the history of America. To cement their peace, the heads of both families have traded their eldest sons."

Rock will play the head of one family, a man who in order to prosper has surrendered his oldest boy to his enemy and who must in turn raise his son's enemy as his own. It’s an uneasy peace, but profitable. And then the head of the Kansas City mafia goes into the hospital for routine surgery and dies. And everything changes.

Chris Rock to Star in Noah Hawley's 'Fargo' Season 4; Production Will Begin in 2019

Hmm.. interesting. Let’s see if Rocks character can out do Mike Milligan -most likely my favorite Fargo character to date.

images

FARGO_309_0101r-1014x570.jpg

At this point in Season 3, I was ready to sell my soul for some kind of extension/continuation for these two.

fargo-season-3-nikki-wrench.jpg

Though the ending made feel like I had a broken heart, to be fair that's just good writing.

Last edited:
164534a0-63af-0133-9eb6-0af7184f89fb.png

At this point in Season 2, I was ready to sell my soul for some kind of extension/continuation for these two.

7R77ER7XBBTH3VQ5HCU5PCRQHM.jpg

Though the ending made feel like I had a broken heart, to be fair that's just good writing.

FsyOoei.jpg

I fuckin knew it, & I called this shit. They said they were taking “4 or 5 years off, maybe more” after last season, and I knew they would change their mind & come right back.

giphy.gif

key_peele_fargos2.jpeg

At this point in Season 1, I was ready to sell my soul for some kind of extension/continuation for these two.

109_0560_Fargo_CL.jpg

Wow, Chris Rock? That is a casting choice out of left field. Fargo has yet to disappoint me yet, so I'm optimistic about this. Bring it on.

That plot line sounds great and very Fargo-esque btw. I can already picture the tension that's in store for us.

key_peele_fargos2.jpeg

At this point in Season 1, I was ready to sell my soul for some kind of extension/continuation for these two.

I immediately wanted these idiots to die by Malvo, but had to wait till the fucking end. Hard pass on these two goofs.

FsyOoei.jpg

This could be very good.

The only disappointment is knowing we won’t see this for at least a year, maybe more

Back