FANTASY MATCH UP: Singleness of Purpose late 2016 Conor vs Father's Plan Late 2020 Khabib?

CasualMMAfanSince2010

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Both fighters in their absolute prime, Conor pre-whiskey eyed on double champ status, light on feet in an out karate stance, precise and accurate vs the khabib that destroyed gaethje after his father's passing.

db49f565bbd069834cf770a3f29bc81e.jpg

1282037329.jpg.0.jpg

This fight is the superfight we never had. In my opinion it rivals the gsp vs anderson fantasy fight. I lean towards khabib getting it done by RNC early 4th round.

Khabib wins.

He won't gas. He will take Conor down like Chad did repeatedly. He will hold position over submission and not go for a stupid sub.

Conor would still gas. Is still a front runner. Would still tap.

Okay then laquinta Khabib vs prime Conor? Is there any Conor that beats any version of a top 10 ranked Khabib?

while conor seems to have gotten worse over time

it’s sorta hard to pick him just based on khabib’s grappling advantage

but i do agree that conor post the mayweather fight got so much worse to the point of it being kinda shocking

totally has gotten away from what made him effective

now it’s all flat footed singular shots. mostly gotten away from the body attack particularly his teeps.

Conor that sparked Also vs Khabib that might have lost to Tibau .... Might be near even money...

Nate Diaz ate that Conor you’re talking about on short notice straight off a bender in Cabo. Conor’s performance against Eddie in 2016 was top notch no doubt, and he was definitely an elite LW, but late career 2018-2020 Khabib wrecks any version of Conor. Current Gaethje and Poirier have a great chance against that Conor too. Prime 2016 Ferguson has a good shot too. Maybe Conor puts his lights out early, but if he doesn’t, Tony does bad things to him. Not many other LWs I’d pick over that Conor though.

Okay then laquinta Khabib vs prime Conor? Is there any Conor that beats any version of a top 10 ranked Khabib?
The Khabib that first got to the UFC (ex. Tibau fight) was definitely green compared to his late career championship-run self. That version of Khabib vs prime Conor is Conor’s best shot at winning.

Khabib is leaps and bounds better than Conor. And on top of that, he's a stylistic nightmare for Conor. In other words, no version of Conor should be favored over any version of Khabib.

FYI, "single purpose Conor" is pure nonsense.

Fuck this fantasy bullshit. At no point in real time when they were both in the UFC does Conor ever have a chance of beating Khabib. All this “prime” talk is for losers.

Back