• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Fans have had enough of dumb grounded hand/knee stalling, want based Asian One/Rizin ruleset

Get rid of this dumbass rule?

• Total voters

We ALL know shite tier unified rules and scoring are watered down MMA and PRIDE, One, Rizin have the highest level and logical infrastructure but will UFC change?

It's not up to UFC, it's up to the commissions. Colorado allowed the rules for ONE but it seems the other commissions won't.

At the end of the day no matter how many pussy fans it has this is cage fighting it's about brutal KO's and submissions. We need fewer restrictions and bring back the great KO's like the ones Silva and Shogun had

They are arguably safer added to the ruleset as mentioned above.
Well that's certainly not true.

Honestly you could argue they might even make the sport safer because they limit how much peopel turtle presenting the back of their heads to opponents and so increase shots to the back of the head. Look back to Pride and how many fights did we see issues about back of the head shots? very few come to mind. You just can't take that position with knees and soccer kicks, even you fall back to open guard or the ref stops it.
'The rules are unsafe because people don't follow a different rule' isn't really an argument. People getting hit in the back of the head is against the rules, so saying that people do it anyway would just be met with questioning why people don't just soccer kick anyway, thus somehow making the rules safe again with this crazy twisting logic.

LOL, I love the poll options.
It is funny, but legally speaking, if a person is on the ground and you're still attacking them, you've basically washed away any 'self defense' argument you might have had.

So technically, yeah, hitting a grounded fighter is against the rules in the street.

I think soccer kicks can never be legal, the highlights will be too brutal for the general public and will for sure create outrage as it looks like soccer hooligan bs.

Grounded knees seem ok though.

Correct. Soccer kicks/stomps are still way too big of a sell right now.

Advocates for a rule change need to completely shut up about soccer kicks/stomps for now and focus on knees first, as they will just kill the chance of both if they don't.

Soccer kicks aren't as important as knees in stopping stalling and punishing sloppy TD spammers. No grounded knees breaks the sport. No soccer kicks just hurts it.

for the homies scared about fighter safety, they could easily implement additional rules to safeguard the fighter absorbing ground knees:

i.e. if a fighter absorbs 2 grounded knees in a row where the knee travelled more than a foot within 5 seconds, then fight is over.

next, I want steroids legalized for all fighters

Ironic that the non-fighting, basement dwellers are calling for grounded knees, head stomps and head butts.
There are rules in all sports to protect the athletes.

Really I think the main reason you have knees and soccer kicks as rules isnt to see them used but rather because they stop people doing certain things.

Honestly you could argue they might even make the sport safer because they limit how much peopel turtle presenting the back of their heads to opponents and so increase shots to the back of the head. Look back to Pride and how many fights did we see issues about back of the head shots? very few come to mind. You just can't take that position with knees and soccer kicks, even you fall back to open guard or the ref stops it.
Fighters will adapt to defend or avoid.

The sport would be better.

Wrestling related stalling would be minimalized.

Positions such as north/south would THRIVE and be given the appropriate VALUE they deserve.

How many fans are we talking about?
How much do they lift?

While I totally agree, I don't think MMA would be sanctioned in the USA if such a thing was allowed in these times.

for the homies scared about fighter safety, they could easily implement additional rules to safeguard the fighter absorbing ground knees:

i.e. if a fighter absorbs 2 grounded knees in a row where the knee travelled more than a foot within 5 seconds, then fight is over.

next, I want steroids legalized for all fighters
If they can't stop the knees or move they get KOed.

The only safety protocol should be a warning track.

Approximately 1 meter from the cage, no knees to the head, thus a fighter can't be "trapped by the cage and unable to defend"

Problem solved. Easy peasy.

Ironic that the non-fighting, basement dwellers are calling for grounded knees, head stomps and head butts.
There are rules in all sports to protect the athletes.

That's a tough point to argue against.

I'd like to see fighters penalized for stalling and refusing to engage which is arguably what this could be considered.

I would like to see them allow one knee. I don’t like how aljo baits knees to the head

Expecting this to happen as soon as we see a ufc fighter with 3 knees.

We ALL know shite tier unified rules and scoring are watered down MMA and PRIDE, One, Rizin have the highest level and logical infrastructure but will UFC change?

Do you watch One FC & Rizin?
If Yes perfect you have what you want.

If No then you are complaining to complain.

Just like those who don't like ground game and want to watch guys stand and bang yet wouldn't be caught dead at a kick boxing or muay thai event. Recreationally outraged is a sport on its own.

Part of the issue is IMHO if you have soccer kicks and knees you NEED good refs, refs who know when they step in and end fights fast.
You need good refs like that regardless of having soccer kicks and knees added in. Don't use that as an excuse.

Back