Fan matchmaking

GusBrooks

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Probably been discussed before by why doesn't the UFC allow voting on future match ups, not an end all be all for fights but at least a general gauge of what the fans want. I seen so many match ups made by the UFC while most members of Sherdog would have come up with a better fight.

Fan matchmaking is too risky, but why not to give it to collective amount of trusted MMA writers, the same way UFC collects official rankings? Right now they (rankings) are pretty accurate.

Fan matchmaking is too risky, but why not to give it to collective amount of trusted MMA writers, the same way UFC collects official rankings? Right now they (rankings) are pretty accurate.

The rankings favor people that have up coming high profile fights, Dennis Siver moving up in the rankings without fighting. MMA writers, 20, 30, 50, however many they may poll are far inferior to fans as far as buying power. Again I didn't say end all be all but if the majority of fans don't want to see a rematch forced down their throats they should have a voice

UFC 195
LeBron James vs Cain Velasquez
Brock Lesnar vs a Polar Bear
CM Punk vs Yoel Romero
Ronda Rousey vs Floyd Mayweather (catch gender)
Team Alphamale Voltron vs Bob Sapp

having a random microsoft matchmaking program working only with Windows 98 would give better results than Shelby.

UFC 195
LeBron James vs Cain Velasquez
Brock Lesnar vs a Polar Bear
CM Punk vs Yoel Romero
Ronda Rousey vs Floyd Mayweather (catch gender)
Team Alphamale Voltron vs Bob Sapp

Definitely earning that black belt with quality posts like this. If you don't want to read an OP just stay out

I like the idea but I doubt UFC will ever allow something like that. They like to keep the things under control.

Don't see why not.

Just once in a while.
Maybe give the fans a chance to vote between fighters, like "Who should fight Lawler? Hendricks or Rory?".

Back