Fallout TV Series (Premieres April 11)

Such a stupid fucking take lmaoo.

If you're an easily entertained clapping monkey then it's fine. All you need is loud noises and flashing images to keep you happy, cool.

But it's not some hyper specific niche criticism to simply ask that the things happening on screen make sense within the internal logic of the world.

Do a quick Google and you can find plenty of people bitching about how atrocious those scenes were. They were awful.

"I'm wearing 2 tons of metal plate but I'm going to fucking box instead of easily crushing this guy in a half second" yeah totally man!! "OH and just to show you how stupid that scene was I'm going to easily crush this other guys head in the very next episode!"

"This dog was just mauling me and I put a knife in it's neck but we're best friends now the instant I stim pack him!"

I loved the show, as I said. But what a fuckin weirdo you must be to get upset at anything less than frothing uncritical praise. Those scenes were dogshit, objectively.

"behold, the mighty t 60 power armor. It will transform you into a demi god!!"
"Don't bonk your wittle head tho or it's game over!"

When the internal logic of the show isn't consistent, it breaks your immersion. The whole point of a show like this is to be immersed in the world.

You should be able to critique things that you enjoy. But I'm guessing you lack the cognitive horsepower for that.

<escalate99>

That was a bit aggressive, no? Lol

<escalate99>

That was a bit aggressive, no? Lol
It's a bit aggressive for him to be insulting and name calling in response to me giving detailed constructive criticism about the show. I didn't throw the first stone.

In my world, any time you start being insulting to someone that isn't doing that to you, you're fair game.

It's a bit aggressive for him to be insulting and name calling in response to me giving detailed constructive criticism about the show. I didn't throw the first stone.

In my world, any time you start being insulting to someone that isn't doing that to you, you're fair game.
Dat ass doe

Daym son

Oh no.

Watched first three episodes the show is dope so far .. def the best video game show so far … u all are weird not liking the girl, I’d bang her with the passion of three men, an eagle and two wolves …. That’s a lot of passion and banging .

Damn. It's crazy how much text you're able to post when copying and pasting articles, but not so much when trying to get out your own original thoughts eh???

Bro, you're just being overcritical. It's fine to point out those scenes you didn't like a laugh at it, but to get so upset to the point that you almost didn't finish the rest of the show because of those 2 scenes??!?!?!? And aren't you glad you DID finish the show and ended up enjoying it?

I'm just calling out the overreaction. Those scenes move the story along to the intended pace and setting of the world of Fallout. Rappaport was clearly brought in for his cameo to be funny, to be a dick, and to show the mental crack in the BoS. Maximus being dumb trying to box with the T60 just showed his immaturity with the whole situation and the Ghoul's experience being 200 years worth of living in this fucked up world.

Anyway, to each his own. I thoroughly enjoyed the series and am glad that those 2 scenes didn't turn you off completely and that you ended up finishing the series and liking it overall. In the end, that is a win for us all and we get another season to look forward to.

Nice. So the show takes place in the same universe as the games, like, not just inspired by the games but straight up the same? Hmm

They played the minutemen violin music from Fallout 4, I wonder if they will visit Boston at any point. I have been thinking about doing a playthrough as Bill Burr
Todd Howard considers this Fallout 5, all Canon.

IGN has a great interview with Howard and Nolan. The interviewer got into the weeds, and did an excellent job.

Nolan talks about how one of his main writers is the real massive Fallout fan (all the games) and responsible for much of the fan service. He may have mentioned another writer too, but I'm not going through it all again lol. Nolan doesn't really play games anymore, but he was a big fan of Fallout 3. Regardless, you can tell a lot of love and care for the source material is front center, while telling their own story and advancing the world, how refreshing.

The big thing she got cleared up was the timeline they had up on a chalkboard, with the fall of Shady Sands. I figured the fall and the nuke going off were different timelines, but I'm glad they cleared it up, as New Vegas takes place in 2281. The nuke goes off in 2282.
E52r4xqdTsoxBiwncoAy6P-320-80.jpg

In the closing credits of the final episodes, where they use those cool stylized graphics, New Vegas looks really rough, worse than it appears when Lucy's dad is looking at it from a distance. We can see a deathclaw skull, and claw marks on a securitron, not to mention an NCR vertibird. The front gate is blown wide open too.

It doesn't look quite so bad here, so perhaps they are teasing a big battle there. I really geeked out for this scene, that's how you do it folks!

I just hope House is still alive, he's prob my fav character in all the games. Joshua Graham is right up there too, so hopefully they bring him in at some point too.

tumblr_pcsddyWdqH1r4jn1w_540.gif

Last edited:
Wonder which NV ending is canon then if vegas is in S2

I’m wondering about that too. What is Caesar doing, if he’s still alive? Would be an interesting character. But I’m sure they don’t want to mess with the player character’s choices so it will be hard to sort that out. However as long as the show is entertaining most people will forgive whatever becomes canon.

I thought it was OK. As a big fan of the games a lot of my enjoyment came from seeing various references to the games so I'm surprised that so many that have never played the games are giving it such high praise.

I’m wondering about that too. What is Caesar doing, if he’s still alive? Would be an interesting character. But I’m sure they don’t want to mess with the player character’s choices so it will be hard to sort that out. However as long as the show is entertaining most people will forgive whatever becomes canon.

The fucking Legion showing up on the show would be such a "WTF!!!" moment. I need it.

Last edited:
I thought it was OK. As a big fan of the games a lot of my enjoyment came from seeing various references to the games so I'm surprised that so many that have never played the games are giving it such high praise.
It’s great so many people are enjoying it, especially non-fans. It should, in theory, help get the new game made. As much as I enjoyed the show, I want a new game more than the next season.

Just downloaded the first episode and I don't hardly ever watch TV, so I'll report back.

The Ghoul and his storyline was great.
Also enjoyed the 31-32-33 storyline.

Was interesting to see the girl and Brotherhood noob as 2 sides of the same coin. Both set out to better the world and do good, only he does it at the expense of others, while she doesn't not.

Wasn't entirely satisfied by the lack of information around some characters and their history/age/survival etc, but oh well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back