Fake Windy Gloves? Help - MuayThaiFactory.com

Vince Noir

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi there,

Just bought these gloves WINDY Muay Thai Gloves - RED [WD-G-001-R]

I'm new to all this, being my first pair of gloves. Now that they've arrived, they just don't seem genuine. Of course, however, I'm not in a position to be entirely sure. Does anyone know if this site/dealer is legit?

The gloves smell ever so faintly of leather, and I mean very very faintly. I can't find any "made in Thailand" tag in the insides either. And the entire back of the glove just does not feel like leather, at all. It feels very cheap. Although they do aesthetically look identical to the picture provided, including the double stitching etc. I'm really not sure... I'm tempted to put a lighter to it, as leather doesn't burn - but then if this burns, I won't get my money back.

Any advice on what to do? Cheers

contact windy and ask them... they should know how their gear looks and feels like

Although fake Fairtex products are notorious I haven't heard of fake Windy yet but everything is possible. Do what risingD said.

Vince Noir you can start by showing us some pictures of your gloves.

The lighter idea sounds like a really, really, really, bad idea.

:icon_chee

OK, you're probably right. As for contacting Windy, I don't even know where to begin finding their contact info, its not online. Here are some pictures, sorry for the poor quality, its the best I can do.

44256073.jpg

85606967.jpg

46403757.jpg

42292180.jpg

65115066.jpg

54962804.jpg

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
I can't see your pictures, but I've had a pair of Windy gloves (from Ringside) for 4-5 years. There's a thin layer of something rubbery over the leather, which is starting to peel off in a few spots. It's definitely leather underneath, though.

Hope this helps a little.

they look fine. ive heard of that thai seller before. i really doubt they will be selling fakes!

Pictures are visible now. Gloves are cool IMO.

Cheers guys. I don't know much about gloves, and was just worried that I got ripped. They are nice, I was just expecting a more 'leathery' feel to them. Thanks for your help.

they look fine. ive heard of that thai seller before. i really doubt they will be selling fakes!

If John from Fightstuff, says that they are fine, then that is about the best educated observation and opinion you are going to get. They look like really nice gloves. Let us know how they work out for you.

:icon_chee

id say if they feel cheap when you hit with them return them, if not then dont worry about it.

Those are legit, my trainer got me the same gloves but in black couple of years back from Windy shop in Lumpinee, great gloves !

They actually look way better than the ones pictured on the site.

Back