• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fake Glove Touch Fails Miserably.....

Sparring habit. It makes sense to those who train.

Fighters need to act like they are in a fight, not sparring. It looks stupid as hell when guys are smiling and congratulating each other when they land a good punch.

lol, Conor always puts his hand out like that to measure the distance. Are you serious?

Let's be honest. Everyone understands the touching of gloves immediately before the fight begins, but doing it again 5 seconds later makes no sense. It never made sense.
I made a thread questioning that some months ago and was blatantly called uneducated, savage and disrespectful.

Conor asked him if he wanted to touch gloves and he shook his head
He still was polite enough to kick the guy in his armpit when he could easily have just KOed him with that kick in the head hehe

Slow-clap-gif.gif

Colton Smith vs another TUF

Fake tap, shoots double.

I used to like the glove touch but really its stupid when you think about it. You shake hand before and after the fight why would you do it during.

This is 100% true.

But since it's there (apparently to stay) as extra display of sportsmanship, I just appreciate it and even notice its absence.

Meh. Happens alot in Thai Boxing but it aint frowned upon like it does here

Meh. Happens alot in Thai Boxing but it aint frowned upon like it does here
Shitty sportsmanship is more acceptable in Thai Boxing? What's the reasoning for that. Seems like it would be pretty universal that people would be against cheap moves like that.

Shitty sportsmanship is more acceptable in Thai Boxing? What's the reasoning for that. Seems like it would be pretty universal that people would be against cheap moves like that.
Have you seen Many Thai Boxing fights? Lots of dirty tactics employed so it really doesnt stick out as that bad (I'm talking about fights in Thailand). More like trying to push the boundaries on whats legal. I suppose to some (westerners) it may seem like shitty sportsmanship but its just a part of the game really.

Have you seen Many Thai Boxing fights? Lots of dirty tactics employed so it really doesnt stick out as that bad (I'm talking about fights in Thailand). More like trying to push the boundaries on whats legal. I suppose to some (westerners) it may seem like shitty sportsmanship but its just a part of the game really.
No I have not seen many. Although I see what you are saying. I was thinking more like why would just the difference in style change anything but you are saying it is as much to do with where it is at and the history of what is more common.

I can see Thailand fights being closer to underground fighting than unified rules. I get it now. Appreciate the clarification.

Back