Faixa Roxa

Daveb

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I was promoted to Purple Belt today by Roberto 'Tussa' Alencar and Rafael 'Barata' Freitas. Been training 3 years 1 month

Big thanks to Nino Schembri and Mario 'Busy' Correa for strongly influencing my game. Also to all my training partners who've pushed me so hard

Last edited:
GRACIE BARRA!!!!!
Lol congrats dude, just saw you're comp record really good, keep it up vs the competition.

GRACIE BARRA!!!!!
Lol congrats dude, just saw you're comp record really good, keep it up vs the competition.

Thanks. We'll see if it stays good moving up to Purple competition. Back to bottom of the barrel but I'm excited for the new challenges

I was promoted to Purple Belt today by Roberto 'Tussa' Alencar and Rafael 'Barata' Freitas. Been training 3 years 1 month

Big thanks to Nino Schembri and Mario 'Busy' Correa for strongly influencing my game. Also to all my training partners who've pushed me so hard

parabenssss faixa roxa!!!!!

Welcome to the club!!!!

congrats Dave - stop by GB Mission Viejo next time your in orange county

Congrats! Must be something in the Gracie Barra water - I just got my Faixa Roxa on Friday (after about 5-1/2 years!!!)

I really like this color! Very regal!

BTW, how are the brackets at purple belt masters? Anybody know? Are there many guys my age (38-ish) rockin' the Roxa? Bluebelts were swarms - doesn't seem like there are many purples, though...

BTW, how are the brackets at purple belt masters? Anybody know? Are there many guys my age (38-ish) rockin' the Roxa? Bluebelts were swarms - doesn't seem like there are many purples, though...

I got my purple this summer and have done 2 tournaments at master. Both times at lightweight I had like 6-8 people in my division. This was Las Vegas IBJJF and US Nationals IBJJF.

Back